Want to buy a genny

Miemie

Featured Posts

That's odd because my EU10i had an overload cut out.

Well, mine doesn't in practice, and the manual says nothing about it either. Perhaps they have introduced one since I bought mine, or perhaps they thought they would save a quid or two and get rid of it.

I bought mine in early 2010. What vintage was yours?

a 100amp charger is charging at 12 volts right? not 230volts.........

if you look on the charger unit it should have a current draw (watts.... so watts divided by volts = amps)

I would think the 230v load will be ok?

My own Honda Eu1000 runs on snail mode with my 10amp 12v charger running like it has almost no load at all.....

Has anyone fitted a Paguro or Mastervolt or other make of boat diesel generator into a boat?

Yes Mastervolt Whisper 6000 - two cylinder Lombardini driving 2 pole brushless alternator necessitating 3000 rpm for 50Hz.

Solid engine and alternator but Mastervolt control attachments rubbish. Power monitor failed after a few hours running from new. A small transformer held onto PCB with tie wrap fell off. Other cable failures later.

Took nearly two weeks to replace raw water cooling hose. Whole generator had to be lifted out of boat then out of cocoon to gain access to short hose underneath which was replaced in 5 minutes.

Right thanks guys yes price will be a factor unfortunately just looking for one that I can use generally as charging the batteries and usage at night save having to start and run the boat for hours

Kipors are cheaper than the Hondas, though a bit noisier. Weight and power output may be a consideration too, the ~2kW ones aren't that light and the 1kW ones probably won't power a fairly large charger or bigger household appliances.

cheers, Pete.

~smpt~

Edited by smileypete

OK, I knew I'd seen a thread recently on Genny's

I have a Honda which I used to power drills and saw and stuff, but now I need (smaller/quieter) model to charge leisure battery when not on hook-up

my honda is a 650W so I was thinking same sort of outputbut quieter

and the UK plug one of course.....

696237970_o.jpg

Edited by zildjian