Crick?

Sas

Featured Posts

Afternoon All,

Need a favour......???

We have to work during the Crick weekend, just wondering if anyone is going who would not mind taking a couple of pics please?

Absolutely gutted as the boat we had our hearts set on ( which was due to arrive in 2 weeks time :-( ) failed the survey.....although we are fairly pragmatic about it, she was lovely and it will mean major changes to our plans.

Already following up earlier leads and know this builder will be exhibiting at Crick so.....??? I realise there'll probably be reports in the Canal mags but am interested in one boat builder in particular at the moment.

If not, no problem, just thought I'd ask!

Cheers

Sas :-)

Afternoon All,

Need a favour......???

We have to work during the Crick weekend, just wondering if anyone is going who would not mind taking a couple of pics please?

Absolutely gutted as the boat we had our hearts set on ( which was due to arrive in 2 weeks time :-( ) failed the survey.....although we are fairly pragmatic about it, she was lovely and it will mean major changes to our plans.

Already following up earlier leads and know this builder will be exhibiting at Crick so.....??? I realise there'll probably be reports in the Canal mags but am interested in one boat builder in particular at the moment.

If not, no problem, just thought I'd ask!

Cheers

Sas :-)

Not going so cannot help, but be aware builders exhibiting at crick often showcase their crick boats on their websites (assuming they have one)!!

Not going so cannot help, but be aware builders exhibiting at crick often showcase their crick boats on their websites (assuming they have one)!!

Thanks for this Martyn, I'm hoping they'll do this ....is it worth a visit in the future? :-)

Thanks for this Martyn, I'm hoping they'll do this ....is it worth a visit in the future? :-)

I have been twice and enjoyed it both times, both times the weather was kind too which helped.

Probably not worth doing again for us but it did help us focus our minds, and we actually put an offer in on our boat on Crick weekend though not with anybody at Crick but somebody nearby. (Rugby Boats)

Wish we could go, guessing it would be useful at this point. Hopefully we'll be sorted by this time next year!! :-)

When you do go take your own food and drink, unless things have changed it always was extortionately expensive.

Sas

If, when ever you go to Crick, most builders have an appointment system for looking over their boats, some set it up before the show, via their website or 'phone.

Those that do it on the day are usually full for that day within 30 mins of the doors opening.

I previously helped my builder and by mid morning on the opening day the book was full for the whole weekend.

We went with the intent of buying a boat and seeing what the boatbuilders had an offer, wasted our time due to the appointment system in place at the boats we wanted to look round. Learnt our lesson if you are going with this in mind contact the builders beforehand.

Hell fire Keith, that's BUSY! Do you mind me asking who you worked for please?

:-)

Quite often the folk that show you around the boats at Crick are actually the owners themselves. Often the builders are around too but it can be the owners proudly showing off their new boats.

Oh right.....good adverts I suppose. Shame I can't go but now have help with the pics, which is great!

BTW, the idea to have a last 'grand tour' in the DH sounded a good one!

Think that caravan sites now charge quite heavily for campervans, unless you are planning some 'wild camping'?! :-)

Oh right.....good adverts I suppose. Shame I can't go but now have help with the pics, which is great!

BTW, the idea to have a last 'grand tour' in the DH sounded a good one!

Think that caravan sites now charge quite heavily for campervans, unless you are planning some 'wild camping'?! :-)

Yes, good sites don't come cheap that is true, CL's can come in very keenly priced and often include electricity, but when you take into account what we pay to moor the boat at around £123 PCM, even if we are not actually on it, it starts to balance out.

Admittedly we will have to pay for storage though, but that doesn't come close to the cost of mooring a 60ft narrowboat.

We will probably do some wild camping too, but interestingly the rules about doing that legally can be as contentious as those involved in being a continuous moorer... so we need to be careful we stay on the right side of the law.

We will probably do some wild camping too, but interestingly the rules about doing that legally can be as contentious as those involved in being a continuous moorer... so we need to be careful we stay on the right side of the law.

.....and the 'locals', it has caused a bit of controversy up here in the Lakes!!!!!

.....and the 'locals', it has caused a bit of controversy up here in the Lakes!!!!!

I can understand it TBH, there are sufficient legit places to stop without the need to take the pee....oh hang on.......sounds familiar?