Sealand/Dometic Vacuflush Cassette Jammed

Featured Posts

I can't get the cassette out of the cradle. It slides about an inch and then won't budge any further. Has anybody seen this before? I can't see anything jamming but then the cassette is in the way. Seems to be something perhaps on the right-hand side.

I would agree with Ray. Looking at ours, there is nothing that would prevent the cassette from being removed other than an obstruction in the outlet to the cassette. Having said that, you would have thought that anything dropped into the bowl, that was able to make it into the hose leading to the docking station, would also be able to make the bend into the cassette.

Without wishing to state or ask the obvious, have you lifted the flat grey plastic bar that holds the cassette in from the top of the cassette? Slide the cassette back into position, lift the end of the bar up a little and try to slide it out again. If it's not that I suspect the filter underneath has moved up and caught on the bottom of the cassette. Try jiggling the cassette as you slide it out.

Edited by blackrose

Wouldn't have thought the filter would do that as it is quite positively located at each end and, the only thing on the bottom of the cassette it could jam against is the join between the two halves, which is very shallow.

Thanks all. Yes, the lock is disengaged. The cassette moves about an inch before jamming. I suspect the filter may have lifted somehow. Can't think of anything else. I'll see if I can find a flat bar to slide between the cassette and the filter on my next visit to the boat next weekend.

Resolved. A wad of toilet paper jammed in the inlet port on the cassette was preventing the connector being withdrawn from the cassette. I removed the cassette by disconnecting the cassette valve assembly from the cassette. I was then able to reach the inlet port to clear it and finally remove the cassette inlet port from the base connector. Not quite as revolting a job as I was expecting.

That's why I don't chuck toilet paper down the loo on my boat. I had a pump out pipe blocked by toilet paper on a previous boat by "a friend" and from then on resolved to dispose of paper separately in a bin. Disgusting? Try clearing out a blocked waste pipe full of shit and toilet paper.

Whilst it won't stop it blocking if someone's uses too much paper, we did some tests on various toilet papers to find the one that dissolved the quickest. Came from Saintsbury's and, at the time, was also the cheapest.

I check the vacuum now an then as it is ajustable and within limits the more "suck" the better

Good flushing

Ray

How do you adjust it? And, if it sucks down to a lower vacuum, is there a greater propensity toward leak?

Hi,

If you look at the base unit just below the grey retaining strap you will see an arm with a screw adjuster operating a brown micro switch - this is the where you make your adjustments

Att, link is of use

http://www.dahlberg-sa.com/en/service/vacuflush-questions.html

Ray

PS I do not always use the vac gauge as I have a feel for it now by the level of flush

R.

Edited by raymondh