Temporary mooring swap

frogprints

Featured Posts

What about swapping boats? You could do this as a temporary measure, which means either that the boats don't have to be moved, or you move them both over and each tell your marina/mooring owner that you have changed boats.

Nothing to prevent you from swapping back after a year. At that stage it would be a bit suspicious, but too late to do anything?

Don't believe it...

We're in the same position. Initially we were told that there were no Bottom of Garden moorings where we are until we produced deeds and letters from them that showed that we had the rights. The previous owner had a pair moored there.

That was always BW's standard response, in the hope that you would cough up some money. I sometimes moor at the end of a garden on the GU where the owner has exclusive mooring rights. When BW tried to extract money from him, he politely suggested that if they could produce documentary evidence that they had the mooring rights, he would happily pay up. Of course they could not. and he knew they could not because transferrable mooring rights had been written into the deeds when the land was sold by the Grand Junction canal company to a Boat Builder back in the 1800's.

Do not quite follow that point up until recently my son leased a 5 bedroom property on the basis that he would sub let the other 4 rooms this is quite common practice as he was the leaseholder he was responsible for paying the rent. In London most tenants sub let it is the only way they can afford the rent and landlords are fully aware of this What on earth does it have to do with the neighbours when I rent out a property I do not ask the neighbours.

What happens when one of the tenants who is subletting lets someone run a" house of ill repute " ?

If you don't care about who rents your houses out or if they sub-let, then you obviously don't care about the neighbours of your houses. Most land lords don't allow sub-letting as the tenants won't be vetted.

All our tenants are vetted by the property agency who administer the properties for us. They haven't got it wrong yet - but there have been changes of tenants over the years. I didn't say, anyway, that I didn't care who lived there, I said I didn't care who wrote the cheque.

I don't quite see where the neighbours come into this - as it happens, at one property they have been fine but at the other one we have had to mention them to the appropriate authorities.

Edited by Athy

All our tenants are vetted by the property agency who administer the properties for us. They haven't got it wrong yet - but there have been changes of tenants over the years. I didn't say, anyway, that I didn't care who lived there, I said I didn't care who wrote the cheque.

I don't quite see where the neighbours come into this - as it happens, at one property they have been fine but at the other one we have had to mention them to the appropriate authorities.

So your cheque comes from the agent or the tenant?

Does that mean you have to send your ACC window sticker back then.

Why?

Are you saying members of ACC are not allowed to make investments in land with mooring rights that they can let out and use themselves when the day comes that they need somewhere to moor their boat when they move back into their house, very weird!!!

Edited by cotswoldsman

Why?

Are you saying members of ACC are not allowed to make investments in land with mooring rights that they can let out and use themselves when the day comes that they need somewhere to moor their boat when they move back into their house, very weird!!!

I think you maybe take jovial comments far to seriously.