macerator leesan

Featured Posts

So I thought I'd take a moment to share this. Got one of those 10yr old Leesan macerator bogs. Got blocked, took to bits, somehow this scrambled its brains - first stuck on all time then next doing nowt at all.

bought a 2 way momentary switch from maplin. Wired it so push it left activates solenoid which lets water into bowl. Pushed right it operates the macerator.

This means totally controlled water use, and macerating time. I much prefer it.

I did that...it's a good way to go...as different peoples boats..have different water pumps delivery different flow rates.

The LeeSan system..lets water in on a timer....so on some boats you do not get a good flush..before it 'chews'...

2 way switch...good thing.

The later model has an external wall mounted control panel with full, eco or manual flush but no manual water fill, all connections are on the outside of the macerator box so no need to dismantle to get to any connections and box is all rubber instead of plastic.

If you have the plastic box..make SURE you shut off the 12 volt power BEFORE removing the lid. The fuse/trip is very close on the lid and a short circuit and destruction of the PCB almost inevitable. As you can guess, I did this and went to Leesan for a new board which was about £80. Leesan said ' you should get rid of the trip you know...as if the loo is properly fused..you don't need it'....so removed it..ready for NEXT TIME !!