"No mooring - private"

Featured Posts

I am probably wrong, but something at the back of my mind is saying that when CRT was first set up, they said one of the things they wouldn't do was waste money by unnecessarily changing signs from BW to CRT.

George ex nb Alton retired

I don't think that putting a CRT sticker over BW is a waste of money, and it is helpful to those who are not familiar with the canals.

I am probably wrong, but something at the back of my mind is saying that when CRT was first set up, they said one of the things they wouldn't do was waste money by unnecessarily changing signs from BW to CRT.

All the re-branding that I have seen is by stickers on existing signs and not by replacing signs, so I would say in the main at least CRT have stuck to the promise not to spend money unnecessarily on this. Sometime you wish they would put the stickers on a bit straighter though!

furnessvale, on 17 Mar 2014 - 08:58 AM, said:

ISTR that what they actually said was they would change them over if signs needed replacing and of course any new ones would be 'branded' correctly. They also said in the meantime all the old ones would have their old BW logo covered with a sticker with a CRT logo on.

I think that is a pretty pragmatic and sensible way of going about it. The NHS has wasted what must be thousands if not millions over the years constantly changing signage and stationary as various re-organisations took place.

If correct, no doubt then why our local area manager was keen that people start to report ones still saying BW!

We had a competition in our waterway area. Bittle whiskey for 1st prize for the person who foind the most BW signs.