jp fuel filter

station tug

Featured Posts

my jp industrial has a twin chamber fuel filter with a hot water feed running through it......how im going to install the engine im going to end up the the decompressors and exhaust running down the side i will be walking past the the filter will be on the side you wont be able to see easily.......so athetics dont really come into it.....am i better off using a modern filter such as something like off a landrover tdi rather than the original filter???

Longer answer is that having a duplex (changeover) filter can be advantageous, especially if you ever go near lumpy water. Also the water heating isn't needed with ordinary gas oil/diesel in UK climate.

Yes the CAV 296 type does have the big benefit that you can buy replacement elements very easily & cheaply. The Lister wick type is to some degree washable though.

Tim

Longer answer is that having a duplex (changeover) filter can be advantageous, especially if you ever go near lumpy water. Also the water heating isn't needed with ordinary gas oil/diesel in UK climate.

Yes the CAV 296 type does have the big benefit that you can buy replacement elements very easily & cheaply. The Lister wick type is to some degree washable though.

Tim

Until it falls to bits

My preferred installation is to take the filters out of the Lister block and fit a CAV 296 into the line feeding the engine. It looks right with all the pipework correct, and it is easy to change the filter

Richard

Richard

my jp industrial has a twin chamber fuel filter with a hot water feed running through it......how im going to install the engine im going to end up the the decompressors and exhaust running down the side i will be walking past the the filter will be on the side you wont be able to see easily.......so athetics dont really come into it.....am i better off using a modern filter such as something like off a landrover tdi rather than the original filter???

You can modify the original JP filter bowl(s) to take a modern paper filter. Can't seem to find the article now but it involved using a diesel resistant filler paste to mold the internal shape to take a commonly available element.