canvas type's

gary&sue

Featured Posts

can anyone tell me what type of material would be most suitable for our new cratch cover as we would like to use the room as more seating for those nice mornings. has anyone recently had any made. can you offer any names of anyone good in Warwickshire atb gary

Can't help you with makers, but in terms of materials you are dead right with canvas. Most important thing is to make sure it is rot proofed, as well as water proofed. Best place I have found to supply is Whaleys of Bradford. If you want to do a DIY job you can with an industrial sewing machine, or an old singer machine, which pop up at car boots and charity shops quite often. I've not done this myself, but I plan to. I have made a large canvas tent though, and the sewing side of things was easier than expected.

We chose a PVC cover and haven't regretted it. Our mooring is partly under trees and the amount of pigeon ***t on the cover some mornings has to be seen to be believed. Fairly easy to wash off PVC if it hasn't dried whereas canvas would be a nightmare. Do prefer the look of natural canvas though.

Seen good covers by Johns Boat Canopies - based in Erdington but willing to travel. Trackman had one made by him - it was measured in one place and fitted in another!! Iwill be placing an order with him shortly for Tyto. http://www.johnsboatcanopies.co.uk/

What he said! John did a good job for us, very cheaply compared with several other quotes.

He was very helpful and friendly and we're very happy with the canopy. Give him a call.