LEDS

hilary barr

Featured Posts

Some will say that cheap Chinese on eBay.

I paid a higher price from a company called Bedazzled. Very good cust service. I ordered the wrong "colour temperature" and they swapped without quibble.

the bulbs have lasted over two years of daily use.

Hi,

I have 40ish LEDs on boat and motorhome all purchased off ebay - oldest now 5 years or so with one failure

I do not believe the "made for us" claimed by some UK sellers as these things are all made in the Far East by the 1000000 and no mainstream manufacturer will do a special run of a few 100

These below are 10v to 30v and cost £1.59 each inc postage available in both colours

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/2W-G4-LED-Light-SMD-5730-Camper-Bulb-Boat-Car-Home-Garden-DC-10-30V-Warm-white-/251419208148?pt=UK_Light_Bulbs&hash=item3a89c0a9d4

Ray

The thing to remember is that you won't be hearing from all the people who have died or had their boats burned out by buying cheap LEDs. And there are many of them. At least, so we are "led" to believe by the purveyors of the expensive ones.

I am prepared to believe that the 230V ones can be dodgy (potentially poor insulation), but I am not convinced that the 12V ones are unsafe.

I bought some "made for boats" G4 LEDs about 4 year ago and they all are still working. About a year ago I bought some ebay cheapies and 2 have started to play up. ie a couple of the LEDs in the arrays are flashing.

To be fair to one seller I asked recently, I got the reply that their units were not fit for vehicle use because of the voltage. (mine goes as high as 16 volts)

Bob

When they where first out (2011) I paid £3 from midland chandlers now because people have realised the benefits they are generally 3 times the price .

Just another example of chandlers ripping off boat owners.

Thank you the Internet for competition