Stoves Vanette 4000/2

jelunga

Featured Posts

We have a four burner Stoves Vanette 4000/2 LPG hob on our boat. Recently one of the gas control valves has malfunctioned, with the push down flame failure override not springing up and down properly, and with a small gas leak from the valve.

Taking my fingers and crossing them, I have stripped and cleaned the control valve. The main problem was dirt and crap stopping the flame failure rod moving up and down freely and the spring not being able to overcome the friction.

I have not used anything except kitchen roll paper to clean the brass fittings. On re assembly I have not used any lubricants or grease etc.

Comments please. Is this correct? Joints have been tested using smell test, and washing up liquid brushed onto joints to check for leakages.

I do not have a leak tester in circuit or available.

Thanks.

Edited by jelunga

Three of my knobs were the same (insert innuendo here). I didn't strip them down, just used a bit of lube, an old tooth brush and patiently worked them up and down (insert another, slightly more risque innuendo here). No leaks and all work properly now.

Rob