Drying clothes

Tesla

Featured Posts

I don't iron anything. I just hang it up. I have some non-iron shirts for work from M&S. I've got better things to do with my life than iron clothes. Not much better, but I just can't bear ironing.

I have a couple of those non-iron shirts, trouble is they always need an iron, and they are a bugger to iron...

2 adults and 3 kids.

When cruising we run the washer on the gennie, and as each wash load completes, we stick the clothes on a clothes horse thing, directly in front of the gennie exhaust, which acts as a super duper drier. We leave the gennie running a little longer as the kids use the time to run desktop pcs etc, and finish off the clothes drying. We occassionally leave things in front of the fire while we go to bed. In the marina we leave clothes in the marina boathouse hanging on rails for a day or so. The gennie solution while cruising was a Godsend...works really well...

Goodnees me! I have to say I'm surprised to see that so many people still do their own laundry, and seem to spend money and are happy take up space on the kit to do it. Rinse a few bits in summer yes, but come on?

Edited by NMEA