Typhoon Haiyan, spare a thought...

matty40s

Featured Posts

The Phillipines is currently being torn apart by the strongest typhoon/hurricane ever to make landfall. The scale of the storm is immense and evacuation plans have struggled as the typhoon is 480 miles across. Truly catastrophic damage is expected to be found once the storm has passed through as sustained wind speeds of 195 mph have been recorded. The city of Guiuan has had no contact with the outside world for several hours now.

I saw this on the News this morning, truly terrible and I feel for all those involved.

I trust we don't get a load of posts saying this all hyped up by the media.

Phil

Haiyan did not go through any eyewall replacement cycles which usually reduces the intensity somewhat.

Last weeks storm on the south coast dropped to 980mb pressure at the centre of the low, Haiyan is estimated to have dropped to 890 mb or lower.

A comparison of hurricane katrina at landfall and todays storm

BYgV-NCCQAA1LfA.jpg

Edited by matty40s

Matty disappointed in as much not one word from you showing any concern for all those people who are suffering, just a demonstration of your posting skills.

Phil

ah, so the "spare a thought" passed you by Phil..

I think the true cost in human life and anguish will not be clear for several days, following on from the earthquake so recent. The current toll or 3 dead and 7 injured is a ridiculous figure and will surely be multiplied by an devastating amount.

I am, as you all must be, thinking about those in the Philippines. Let's hope there are minimal casualties. Look on the bright side though, the storm is going to make landfall in Vietnam, where they kill dogs in the most inhuman way and eat them. Go storm!!!