Mikuni issue in newly acquired boat

Featured Posts

Maybe a connection to the air motor was disturbed, it's a bit of a coincidence that it happened after repair.

Probably the ECU looks at the resistance of the air motor and goes into 'sulk mode' if it sees it's open or short circuit. Testing the air motor on a regulated power supply might get it to spin up showing it's OK.

With an old piece of equipment sometimes it's worth going over it with a fine toothcomb looking for any worn parts, cracks, corrosion, loose connections and so on.

ISTR someone stripped their Mikuni air motor down to sort it out and check the brushes, I've done the same with a Shurflo type water pump.

ETA: It was Doorman up in post #9 smile.png And it looks like the air motor is rated at 9V.

ETA 2: Replacing fuses for circuit breakers can make diagnosing certain faults a bit easier, Rapid do a good line of small value ones.

http://www.rapidonline.com/Electrical-Power/Techna-Panel-Mounting-Circuit-Breakers-64699

http://www.rapidonline.com/Electrical-Power/Techna-Panel-Mounting-Circuit-Breakers-with-0-25in-Quick-Connect-Tabs-60896

Also a handheld DC clamp ammeter would read off the gloplug or motor current no problem.

cheers, Pete.

~smpt~

Edited by smileypete

OK £18 delivered which seems a reasonable price I could expect on ebay after charges.

Just checked, £21.60 on ebay incl postage. Thing is, I already have a spare, this would be a spare spare. So only any point if it's cheap! Therefore £13 delivered, but if you get a better offer sell it to them!