Please check my shopping list of gas connections

DeanS

Featured Posts

I need to change my connection on the cooker from a fixed pipe to a flexible arrangement.

The supply (after the isolator valve) is 3/8" Imperial copper pipe.

I'd like to connect it to THIS.

I'd like that to connect to THIS. (this is the one I'm worried about. Can a half inch connect to a 15mm socket? Surely not?)

I'd like that to connect to THIS.

I'd like to that to connect to THIS (edited for LPG)

It's a simple job with the right bits, and I need to order sharpish.

Edited by DeanS

As andrew says, Hose not suitable for LPG. Also too many components to make up one coupling. BSS exaqminers may not be happy.

I also can't understand why.

ETA

Yes I see why You fancy a bayonet connector and thats what you need to convert. Try and see if you can reduce the number of components. BSS examinar may not be happy

Edited by Radiomariner

Will check that link thanks.

Anyone know of a flexihose which goes from a cooker...directly onto the end of a 3/8" isolator (or 3/8" copper pipe) ? I don't actually need/want the coupling.

I will keep looking (and recheck earlier threads)

You should be able to use ordinary HP LPG (orange) hose secured with a jubilee clip onto a proper nozzle. On my boat the oven inlet has a nozzle-to-BSP male adapter screwed directly into the inlet (presumably it's taper - I've never taken it to bits), with hose running to a nozzle-to-compression adapter on a stub of pipe downstream of the isolator. All properly supported. BSC man has never complained that this is an excessive number of components or joints.

You might be better off continuing the other thread instead of starting a new one.

Couple of questions though, why use a micropoint hose instead of a standard hose MtB did indicate a preference for the latter, also out of interest who installed the cooker in the first place using solid pipe?

cheers, Pete.

~smpt~