Sealander Schwimmcaravan

cheshire~rose

Featured Posts

Anyone fancy a trailboat?

http://www.firebox.com/product/4964/Sealander-Schwimmcaravan?fb_action_ids=10151939324385351&fb_action_types=og.likes&fb_source=other_multiline&action_object_map={%2210151939324385351%22%3A10150387622287132}&action_type_map={%2210151939324385351%22%3A%22og.likes%22}&action_ref_map=[]

described as one of "The Coolest Things You Can Buy"

Well I can't see this working on a canal as you would damage those flat sides if you went through a lock without fenders (fenders in a lock blink.png )

£15,000? excl.png

And the addition of a toilet is described as "pimping it up"

Anyone fancy a trailboat?

http://www.firebox.com/product/4964/Sealander-Schwimmcaravan?fb_action_ids=10151939324385351&fb_action_types=og.likes&fb_source=other_multiline&action_object_map={%2210151939324385351%22%3A10150387622287132}&action_type_map={%2210151939324385351%22%3A%22og.likes%22}&action_ref_map=[]

described as one of "The Coolest Things You Can Buy"

Well I can't see this working on a canal as you would damage those flat sides if you went through a lock without fenders (fenders in a lock blink.png )

£15,000? excl.png

And the addition of a toilet is described as "pimping it up"

This IFO (Identified Floating Object) is only 5'3" wide, so the use of fenders in a lock would be without any danger.

Peter.

Looks like somebody has reinvented the wheel, or in this case the Caraboat.

I strongly suspect it'll be subject to the same problems that the Caraboat had with submerged towbar and wheels/bearings, plus even for a dayboat it's not very well equipped (it'll need a lot of batteries if it's using electricity for propulsion and cooking, or have an exceptionally short range).

Looks like somebody has reinvented the wheel, or in this case the Caraboat.

I strongly suspect it'll be subject to the same problems that the Caraboat had with submerged towbar and wheels/bearings, plus even for a dayboat it's not very well equipped (it'll need a lot of batteries if it's using electricity for propulsion and cooking, or have an exceptionally short range).

Actually if the Caraboat is used as intended, short periods in the water the bearings only require the same maintanance as any boat trailer thats a strip and repack once a year, and my Caraboat is still operating with the original hitch after 40 years, also the caraboat hitch folds up neatly whilst cruising whereas the sealander seems to stick out at the front rather like the Creighton Gull don,t think thats ideal around other boats, and as you say poorly equipped

neil m