HELP PLEASE: BOAT STOLEN

Cragdale

Featured Posts

It strikes me that the forum are being truly marvelous, pulling together and getting out there to search, but you're getting far to many ifs, buts and maybes from everywhere else.

What are the police doing? Does this sighting still appear genuine? Do Northants Police not have a helicopter?

If the boat really is trapped between Gayton and Irthlingborough, surely to goodness it shouldn't be that hard to find?

If it's not found in the next couple of days I will certainly try to get down there at the weekend (seems we could do with an organised search of that whole stretch). But with all the people out looking and the publicity you're now getting, I can't believe it won't be found soon.

The forum has been fantastic & when the boat is found its thanks to the likes of your goodselves spreading the word

Since its gone national the police have more calls to follow up so watch this space....I will get the info to as soon as its possible to

Just a thought - I am thinking along the lines that the Nene sighting was ficticious, to throw everyone off the scent, so what other options are there?

Can diesel distrbutors be alerted so they in turn notify their canalside diesel retailers?

Oh I knew reading Enid Blyton wasn't a waste of time!

500 go to Scuttler's Lock

The intrepied team of canalworlders investigate a boat disspearance around Castaway Island - is it or is it not moored at misty Scuttler's Lock. And who is Mr Lenoir? Why doesnt he like dogs, or waterways patrol officers? Are things not what they seem? Is the boat really there or have the thives put the 500 off the scent?

Since its gone national the police have more calls to follow up so watch this space....I will get the info to as soon as its possible to

and now all of us with blue boats are getting paranoid about having our collars felt :ph34r:

Not the Andy Bell of the Lee & Stort?? BW's own Patrol Officer? I wouldnt think so not being from Staffs.

No your right and not the Andy Bell from Erasure either.

I am getting addicted to this story, Every time I pass the computer I am refreshing this page waiting for the next development.

Only done half my ironing yet have spent so long reading this mornings posts!

It can not be to long surely before some good news.

Only sorry that I cannot do more to help.

in that case i think that the sighting was not true, we know the locks havnt been opened, we know the sighting was yesterday, and there not at wollverton, and there not where the sighting was, not many more places they can go.

i doubt very much there aware of the stopage on the nene so would of imagineed they would carry on, but it dosnt look like they have. meaning it wasnt the boat in question, and seams as we was told no boats have been down that way in 3 days and the sighting was yesterday smells to me.

Can only think they put it of to perhaps go a different way.

i had a look on the way home at a few bridges in milton keynes but saw nothing that resembled the boat :)

Before i read your post mark i was thinking of heading back up there for another quick look, but i dont think il bother .

Ross

hi All,

Just got back to sunny surrey after a 5am start on the road, round the M25 and up the M1/A45.

Met with Mark and we drop to Earls Barton. Walked all possible angles down stream and we covered all the ground to Irthlingborough Embankment. I got my bike out and rode up to the huge bridge (A6?) and nothing. A few work boats at the Rusden FC part and the lock 100% closed.

The bit we could do was up stream of Earls Barton.

My view is that maybe, just maybe the thieves has got wind of the hunt via the posters and made a bogus call. PC Plod cant seem to find his Arse from elbow to confirm who saw it, where and which way!.

All the lock on the Nene have padlocks, so if it is up there they would have a key.

3 men and boat moored up by a lock at 7pm Sat or Sun and a guy gave them a lift to the pub. Didnt look at the boat of the name though.

I really do not think its there but we live in hope!.

good to meet Bramley, Mark, Alan et al.

The beat goes on....

Found it!!!

@ Foxton

Found it at Foxton with 3 blokes on board.....PC Plod at Scene

Everybody needs to keep spreading the word, and then come weekend, we can launch the big man boat hunt.

Ideally, we could do with someone having a dinghy, an outboard and a roof rack or trailer so you can actually get onto the Nene and explore everywhere you think it's possible the boat could be.

The Police are a waste of time, they are doing absolutely nothing even though they have the means too. Without all this messing about they're doing and obviously not giving a shit it would of been found in the first few days as the search area would of been dramatically smaller.

It has been found

the helicopter is going up to try to track the 3 men as they've taken off along the towpath

it has been painted, still blue but stripes etc to disguise things, they'd tried to cover the name as well

thanks so much everyone :)

if bw found it then hats of to them. i really mean that i wouldnt of thought they would of bothered, thats brilliant news.

so i wonder what happened at whilton.

so many questions to be asked lol

I'm thinking it maybe wasn't Cragdale, there was 3 men spotted on the boat just now