HELP PLEASE: BOAT STOLEN

Cragdale

Featured Posts

Hang on,

What will you do when you find it??

Shouldn't the police be involved at this point and go along / set something up.. or surely you could find yourself in a nasty / come back situation.. especially if they have just bought the boat from someone.

Also.. if there is a stoppage has someone asked BW.. to get a message onto the workers (or something) to keep a look out.. might be worth a try..

sorry.. just my views.

Well listen cragdale, im not up to a great deal tomorow, and im only 30 odd miles from that irthlingborough place, i dont mind trying to help out, and dont mind making a trip up to try and help you look, i have a small advantage im young, and im on foot lol..

up to you like

Hi Thanks for the offer anyone who wants to help will be welcomed with open arms as long as you are not putting off anything important. We will be leaving at about 7 ish and will go to Irthlingborough lock to check it is definately shut and drop one person there then we will sort out what is the best paln from there as if it is closed then they will either be stopped or turning round.

Alan

Sam,

They can only find themselves in trouble if they start kicking off..

Any road, the police will be there.. people are offering their services to track down the boat only as far as I beleive.

Will the police be meeting you there cragdale? for your safety.. if it was me i would sort of "insist" they be there

I think there is more chance of me winnig the euro millons this week than the police turning up the last offer from them was to inform the lock keeper s in the middle level and if we spot anything ring 999

I have done a couple of maps to help you out on those paths, you can see where you can walk, and I have marked Earls Barton Lock and Irthingborough, and also Wollaston Lock where I think that boat might go. I will need to remove them from the server this evening though or OS are going to do me for copywrite.. that is why I have not put them on this forum.

I think this is in order though as it is for your private use ...

Isn't it? :)

http://www.choiceforum.co.uk/images/nene1.gif

http://www.choiceforum.co.uk/images/nene2.gif

Good luck

Edit.. gif should have been 'gif not jpg sorry

Edited by Sue

A busy day tommorw guys :)

Suggest you all get the flasks and the bobby hats out - as your mother would say, make sure you wrap up warm! .. and get those mobiles charged!

Take note of any winding holes in case they double back early on, if there is going to be a few of you it might be worth approaching them from both sides

Ok,

Things are going bonkers here!.

We need some plan guys.

Who wants to take charge and organise us lot of rabble.

Reckon we approach from far up stream and far down stream, that way we should get them.

Who wants to be leader???

Perhaps all hands on deck email ONE person so they can organise and set us all up.

Edited by Neildudman

Alan,

Any meeting place near the site?

Can you access a tow path for the full length?

Sam,

Locate boat, watch over it, do nothing....call the police....

Neil

Ok.. i suppose me bing me (being young lol) I would want to go and sort them out.. thats all.. but if you have self control it will be a lot easier lol.

Good luck!!

its like scouts.. we do need some arangment or i wont even know where to meet lol

i dont want to be leader but 2 partys from either side is the best move, there should be printouts of the boat to show people.

we should be quick and sleek lol.. not making a scene just a scenic walk as such,

il bring my mi5 binoculars :) joking, but all the above im not

Ok just want to reiterate, nobody will be aproaching the boat should we find it, we do not know if these people are hardened criminals (would be dangerous) or indeed an innocent couple (would be awful for them) this is purely a track down excercise; we find the boat we keep watch from a distance & alert the police. The police aren't going to be putting in the time we will be and as we don't know exactly where they'll be by morning its not possible for them to be there so basically its up to us to locate the boat, inform the police and wait for them to take things from there

Will they have to go through a lock where you hope to see them? could you have a word with the lock keeper to let them go in the lock and as long as they are "down" the lock keeper could then padlock the paddles till youve phoned 999 and the police arive- as long as the people who say they will meet you keep out of sight for a while so those on the boat dont suspect anything straight away?

I will be at work, with my fingers crossed..

I suggest you all meet up just before 7 and make plans. Position yourself so you're at the very extreme of the area where you think the boat is, and just basically wait it out.

Also, some binoculars would be handy? I don't know as I'm not familiar with the Nene. It may be worth waving down a passing boat, explain, and they may let you jump a board so you can access parts of the river which you can't get too by foot. Obviously things like don't approch the boat, just alert the others, and the police.

When the boat from our moorings was nicked years ago, they tried to get away and afte chasing it up the Bridgewater and then up and down the L&L it was eventually trapped between two narrowboats which were across the cut. If it comes to it, might be a plan to keep in mind?

If they aren't innocent, and they spot you hanging about they'll most likely spook and be off. Although you get the boat back that doesn't get them "sorted" for it does it.

I have done a couple of maps to help you out on those paths, you can see where you can walk, and I have marked Earls Barton Lock and Irthingborough, and also Wollaston Lock where I think that boat might go. I will need to remove them from the server this evening though or OS are going to do me for copywrite.. that is why I have not put them on this forum.

I think this is in order though as it is for your private use ...

Isn't it? :)

http://www.choiceforum.co.uk/images/nene1.gif

http://www.choiceforum.co.uk/images/nene2.gif

Good luck

Edit.. gif should have been 'gif not jpg sorry

Cheers for that have printed them out Alan