Forum Improvements - User Poll

DHutch

Which of the below improvements are you interested in?  

119 members have voted

1. 1. Which of the below improvements are you interested in?

• Improvements to the gallery
    • Tapatalk app support
    • Forum member map
    • Direct image upload
    • Revised forum areas
    • Guide to using the forum
    • Alternative forum skins
    • Forum merchadise
    • Other (please detail below)

Featured Posts

Mike - if you got this route I can recommend this very reliable eBay seller. Have used him a few times and he is excellent.

That is a full copy, if you have an XP licence (and the key and disks) you actually only need an upgrade copy, which should be cheaper. However that price on the looks good to me, so you may not find an upgrade copy much cheaper anyway.

That is a full copy, if you have an XP licence (and the key and disks) you actually only need an upgrade copy, which should be cheaper. However that price on the looks good to me, so you may not find an upgrade copy much cheaper anyway.

Cheers yes I know that - but personally if I upgrade (or as I did last time downgrade) I prefer a complete fresh install rather than upgrading from an earlier version with the potential to leave vestiges of the old system there.

The disks he sells allow for a complete removal of the existing OS and a complete and fresh install of the new OS, which is why I like them.

Of course all personal data needs to be backed up first because it formats the hard disk before doing a complete install. You then also have to re-install any programs which you normally get away with not doing when just upgrading.

Last time I did it it took me about 3-4 hours in total from memory, an upgrade will likely take a lot less depending on what you have on your system.

He sells various versions of windows 7 ll of which are competitively priced, when compared to an upgrade.

http://dsa.ebay.co.uk/sch/oemworldpc/m.html?item=190893941916&pt=UK_Computing_Software_Software_SR&hash=item2c722a649c&rt=nc&_trksid=p2047675.l2562

Edited by The Dog House

I did not like the new layout when it was introduced, but quickly got used to it - indeed, I now cannot remember what the former one looked like.

But since the new technology was introduced, the reply/ add new post function has gone steeply downhill. When I type in a reply, sometimes it behaves itself and appears in normal typeface at a sensible size. But equally often, it appears either in italic, or underlined, or crossed out. All these I can correct. But occasionally my reply appears in tiny print, and even with the use of the font size control I can't make it bigger.

Quite often the various buttons which are designed to help us edit our posts (addition of slimy faces*, bold, italic etc.) appear hazy and do not do anything when one presses on them.

The wysiwyj editor now used by default by the site does sometimes throw out some interesting results, its toggled on and off by the 'switch' in the top left, which reverts back to the old bbcode-based editior, although the buttons do not work in the most and are hence greyed out.

Eitherway, I understand it is one of the areas that is being looked into in the next version, where it should be a lot better, we're told!

Mike - if you got this route I can recommend this very reliable eBay seller. Have used him a few times and he is excellent.

Great info, thanks Martin. I think I will rely on my service provider (Graham Jacobs who owns QC Internet) who reckons he can sort me out I was going to say that he's an expert in the computer firld but it would be more accurate to say that he knows enough to make me look clueless, which actually is no great recommendation.

Seriously, once he's got past reminding me how clueless I am and I've got past reminding him what a smug single-hander he is, we get along very well and he looks after my simple computing needs. I can't imagine speaking to Mr. Hotmail or Mr. Yahoo like that.

• 4 months later...