Seals

Featured Posts

I believe this was reported on TV the other day,we have a seal or two here in the Fens also when I was on the Broads we had one well upstream from the sea lock and he hung around for a year or two. Frightened the life out of me one night when I was coming home from work,putting up the river in my dinghy when all of a sudden he launched himself out of the water right by my dinghy. (Could have been a her,who can tell?)

Phil

I believe this was reported on TV the other day,we have a seal or two here in the Fens also when I was on the Broads we had one well upstream from the sea lock and he hung around for a year or two. Frightened the life out of me one night when I was coming home from work,putting up the river in my dinghy when all of a sudden he launched himself out of the water right by my dinghy. (Could have been a her,who can tell?)

Phil

I think seals can tell :-)

• 1 month later...

Bumbling down the River Severn just past the Yew Tree pub we saw a seal.

Not exactly what you expect on the river apparently it's been around for a while and has been seen in Worchester as well.

We saw it this summer, near Wainlodes Hill, having a real battle with a big fish (10lb?) in its jaws. The fish was certainly putting up a brave fight!

they are quite common in the Witham in winter

We have seen a big bull male basking on the rowing club moorings at Boston a few times.

Saw far too many seals to count over the weekend. They were popping up next to the moorings every few minutes to have a nosy.

Strangest thing we have seen was a porpoise on the Trent at West Stockwith.

• 3 weeks later...