Bancroft basin

Boat&Bikes

Featured Posts

I know you say that you want to avoid the river, but it is only £6 (payable at the boat in Bancroft Basin) to go down to moor, it is simple and there is lots of space along the park. So it is always an option so you don't need to worry about the basin being full, but I bet there is space in the basin.

We arrived yesterday afteroon and plan on stopping another night. There are about a dozen mooring spaces on short jetties and a couple of linear mooring spots. When we arrived yesterday about half the spaces were free and I'm guessing it'll be the same today. Are you here yet? icecream.gif

Unless you're a natural extrovert, I suggest you avoid the Basin. I came through on Thursday last week and it was packed.

We go through Stratford most years, and the town was busier than I remember it for a long time. The gongoozlers even came out in the rain to watch us locking down into the river!

A boater heading the other way said the basin was like "mooring in a goldfish bowl". If you like some privacy, then the river is a better bet and most people consider the few £ that it costs to be good value for money.

I love mooring in the basin, and no I'm not an extrovert.

We're 70ft, and if we bank the boat into a mooring we can sit on the front, separate from everyone just watching what's going on and enjoying being part of it.

No-one can get to you, but you're soaking up the atmosphere.

Of course as you get off at the back (in our case) you do get people asking questions, but that's part of the fun of boating.

There are moorings just before the bridge going into the basin, and a long stretch opposite valley cruisers 4 locks from the basin. A bit of a walk from here into town, but much closer to the enormous Tesco's if you need to stock up.

Do go and enjoy it.

Note to self, it's been too long since we went to Stratford, must do it again soon!

Sue

I love mooring in the basin, and no I'm not an extrovert.

We're 70ft, and if we bank the boat into a mooring we can sit on the front, separate from everyone just watching what's going on and enjoying being part of it.

No-one can get to you, but you're soaking up the atmosphere.

Of course as you get off at the back (in our case) you do get people asking questions, but that's part of the fun of boating.

There are moorings just before the bridge going into the basin, and a long stretch opposite valley cruisers 4 locks from the basin. A bit of a walk from here into town, but much closer to the enormous Tesco's if you need to stock up.

Do go and enjoy it.

Note to self, it's been too long since we went to Stratford, must do it again soon!

Sue

We hope to be going there September. We love mooring in the basin.

:)