Battery ID

mark99

Featured Posts

Hi,

Anyone know the type and capacity of these batteries (I'm not near the boat at the mo so cannot take the data off them).

Ignore the two black ones, it's the red ones I'm interested in. (8 number but looks like equivalent of 4 * 12v).

IMAG2011_zps4f43c07a.jpg

The way they are connected, what is the theoretical max AH capacity?

TIA

Edited by mark99

Funnily enough I've just been looking at Rolls 6V batteries on Midsummer Energy's website. They look remarkably like these. Certainly bright red.

Can't tell you what capacity yours are though, there are various available, 350, 400 and 450 Ah apparently. Are they not marked somewhere?

Edited by trackman

The way they are connected, what is the theoretical max AH capacity?

Wire in series, (positive to negative) voltage doubles, amp.hrs stay the same

ie. 2*6v 100 amp.hr = 12v 100 amp.hr

Wire in parallel, (positive to positive) voltage stays the same, amp.hrs double.

ie. 2*6v 100 amp.hr = 6v 200 amp.hr

Assuming they are 6v 100 amp hr batteries wired in series prallel to give a 12v bank and there are eight of them

2*6v 100 amp hr = 12v 100 amp hr (series)

you then have 4*12v 100 amp hr (parallel)

So your bank is 12v 400 amp hr

Thanks boys yes they certainly look like Rolls after checking their website. I'll check the model number (individual capacity) and work out the bank capacity from the wiring once I get back on board.

I know the surveyor whislted when he saw them - said very expensive!

Edited by mark99

Thanks boys yes they certainly look like Rolls after checking their website. I'll check the model number (individual capacity) and work out the bank capacity from the wiring once I get back on board.

I know the surveyor whislted when he saw them - said very expensive!

£2k+ for 8 new ones if they are S530's

i've got two of them but the top of the batteries are not red they are blue(yr 2011) and a more recent one is black (2013}