Liverpool

Dr Bradley

Featured Posts

Don't be frightened , we don't bite or eat our children, You will have a great experience, enjoy our city

Ian

Indeed ! We had a great weekend in Liverpool this BHol (By car unfortunately) As it was the 25yr Anniversary of the Regeneration of Albert Dock , there was plenty of things going on in the area (And no badlly designed NB Uboat in sight!)

Quite a few NB's moored in Albert Dock & also a few cruisers (Most were gone today). Have to look at the map to confirm the entrance to the docks from the cut as the OH claims that the channel in that I think is the way is wrong !

We had a sobering moment in the Maritime museum as the display to the MV Derbyshire is still there (I thought it had been removed) the OH lost her Uncle during the the sinking of that vessel & the video footage etc was something she hadn't seen, although it did answer some questions that she didnt know .

Be a great trip for us to make by boat but would involve a couple of weekenders to do in our hol allowance - Shame there doesn't seem to be many facilities around the docks for visiting boats!

Well if more boats could use it, there may be less crap, and certainly less weed in it. We had wanted to go to Liverpool on our annual trip this year. I even managed to find a hire base within striking distance, (Preston Brook) and worked out all the timings, however C&RT limit the number of passages beyond Wango Lane. We would have needed in INWARD passage on Monday, and an OUTWARD on Tuesday - Monday is outward only and there are none at all on Tuesday - the plan was knackered, so we went to Saddleworth instead.

They have three days in and three out during week, reason for waiting at wango lane is the amount of traffic, i will say though CaRT are very helpfull, they did wango and another which i think is hall lane, then they did the stanley flight of locks both ways for the convoy. I got blade snapped off a prop by a builders one ton rubble sack, and a friend managed togeta fishing bivvy wrapped qround his. Only twice was it weed the rest was plastic bags, a hose pipe, a barrier fence, and some fishing line. Please dont be put off the Salthouse dock is well worth the effort.

Anyone In Liverpool this week fancy an impromptu banter?

You are there four weeks too early to meet up. I am waiting for CaRT confirmation of dates.

Enjoy and let us know how you get on.

They have three days in and three out during week, reason for waiting at wango lane is the amount of traffic, i will say though CaRT are very helpfull, they did wango and another which i think is hall lane, then they did the stanley flight of locks both ways for the convoy. I got blade snapped off a prop by a builders one ton rubble sack, and a friend managed togeta fishing bivvy wrapped qround his. Only twice was it weed the rest was plastic bags, a hose pipe, a barrier fence, and some fishing line. Please dont be put off the Salthouse dock is well worth the effort.

The bridge after Wango lane going in is ST Oswalds lane on the left of the bridge and Aldrins lane to the right ,Hall lane bridge is previous to Wango lane and is normally done by boaters themselves , sure the workings have been modernised to make Hall lane a lot easier and maybe the controls on the towpath side.

After the bridge fiasco, I finally arrived in Salthouse Dock today. Yesterday I got through the two swing bridges and to Litherland, today joined by Sue we cruised into Liverpool. Fantastic trip, I was quite excited and very impressed along the waterfront despite the rain. Piccies on the website shortly.

And nothing at all attatching itself to the prop. I've seen far far worse stretches elsewhere (Rochdale - see previous posts).

Edited by Dr Bradley