testing picture upload

Featured Posts

http://www.flickr.com/photos/75830248@N07/8763841593/

Another attempt

http://www.flickr.com/photos/75830248@N07/8763841593/

Hmm, how do I get the photo to display, rather than a link to the flickr page?

No image insertion option, nor smileys... why?

Is it because I is on a tablet?

I went to your link, then then picked the size of picture I wanted, eg 640 from the right mouse button menu on the image, and when to that sized image's page. Then right click on the image in that page and grab it's URL and then use the "Image" button in the posting text box, and paste the image URL into that.

Just noticed your tablet comment, you may not be able to do all that on a tablet, you certainly can't on an iPhone.

Also edited to add, it looks like Flickr don't want you do you this, so perhaps not the best site to use for this purpose, from their help

Where is the HTML code and photo file link?

The HTML code to embed a photo in a web page that you used to find on the All Sizes page is now only in the Share menu on the photo, to the left of the More menu. We now also include BBCode! (standard message board code)

There are a few cases where the code may not be available: 1) If the photo is restricted. 2) If that person has turned off "Share this" or access to original files.

The direct link to a photo file is no longer shown on the page. Per the Flickr Community Guidelines "pages on other websites that display content hosted on flickr.com must provide a link from each photo or video back to its page on Flickr." Linking directly to the photo file doesn't do this.

Edited by john6767

[img Photo0037

I went to your link, then then picked the size of picture I wanted, eg 640 from the right mouse button menu on the image, and when to that sized image's page. Then right click on the image in that page and grab it's URL and then use the "Image" button in the posting text box, and paste the image URL into that.

The problem is, that on my tablet I don't get any of those option, and simply adding the on either side of the url doesn't work..

I'm now also being randomly taken to either the first post of a thread, or the last read one...

Why can't we have normal usability on a tablet? To be honest, I'm getting tired of reading the same drawn out discussions about ccing et al, which are getting repetitive, and boring. I'm also getting bored with the constant drone of those who seem to think that you have to travel all of the system, to be a ccer. You don't. Show me where it states that in the rules. Don't try to bent the rules, and say that they 'imply' that you travel all of the sysytem. They say bona fide navigation, which means moving your boat.

Sorry, nothing to do with my pictures. i have lots of pictures to share, but have no easy way of doing so. And I need a different reason to stay active here. Even the unstable bar has gone quiet..

Luc - If you are viewing the forum on a tablet the tablet browsers do not normally give you any toolbar options such as smileys, fonts, insert image etc etc.

You can use a different browser from the standard one on Android (I was tipped off about this by Matty40s the other day. if you use Android try the Puffin browser, it gives you exactly the same options as if you were viewing the forum on a PC.

Edited by The Dog House

Just noticed your tablet comment, you may not be able to do all that on a tablet, you certainly can't on an iPhone.

Also edited to add, it looks like Flickr don't want you do you this, so perhaps not the best site to use for this purpose, from their help

Where is the HTML code and photo file link?

The HTML code to embed a photo in a web page that you used to find on the All Sizes page is now only in the Share menu on the photo, to the left of the More menu. We now also include BBCode! (standard message board code)

There are a few cases where the code may not be available: 1) If the photo is restricted. 2) If that person has turned off "Share this" or access to original files.

The direct link to a photo file is no longer shown on the page. Per the Flickr Community Guidelines "pages on other websites that display content hosted on flickr.com must provide a link from each photo or video back to its page on Flickr." Linking directly to the photo file doesn't do this.

just noticed your ecit John, thanks for that now trying out the Puffin brouwser

deleted