BANG !!..how many times have I been warned !

Featured Posts

So there I was, I had a small bracket to angle grind/remove in the engine compartment.

Sun was out....solar was 'solaring'...I had a faulty engine start battery that I was going to replace and I guess it was 'gassing'.

BANG !....

My poor neighbour thought it was a depth charge.

I was extremely lucky being only a few feet away. The end of the battery that was away from me took the explosion as did the top, which blew off.

I cleared out the local Coop for baking soda...

Lesson learned..but there have been enough people on here warning of this....

I should have learned...sooner !!

Thankfully you are ok and only your pride is a lickle dented ;) and at the end of the day that is ALL that matters.

We have all some time in our lives, been somewhere similar where we have suddenly thought ' ruddy nora I should have known better', but we are human and not infalible. Plus its true what they say 'you learn by your mistakes'

glad it ended well :)

cant beat catching a metal watch strap whilst doing battery work = you tell that I've been that stupid can't you!! lol

My aunt did this on her moggy minor battery, expanding bracelet got welded between post and strap...even years later the skin grafts showed up. sad.png

cant beat catching a metal watch strap whilst doing battery work = you tell that I've been that stupid can't you!! lol

Managed to do this with the Eberspacher body. Lots of pretty sparks then a bit later a £230 bill for a new electronics module.