1 sheet of 8x4 can make ..............

Featured Posts

Hope this idea may be of use to others

smile.png

We felt that we would benefit from a 2 bench seat.
The new unit was made out of a single sheet of 8' x 4' Beech faced 18mm ply. It is
very similar to the original American White Ash.

I was lucky that the timber yard cut the sheet up on their machine to my exact sizes ! Some planed 2"x 2" is required
for corner work. Glued & screwed it makes a very sturdy unit.
IMG_0259.jpg

Storage - one half is lined with insulation, making a cool box with sliding & lift out lid.

IMG_0260.jpg

Top drops into position to become ( with cushions ) a 2 seater...... - note 2 legs ( from Homebase ).

IMG_0261.jpg

It can be slidout to become a 2seats + coffee table or 3 seats or bed.............

( Note -storage lid is lifted out & turned to new position.).

IMG_0262.jpg

How we use it as a 2 seater.... ( excuse the incomplete carpet ! ).

1-new%2520seats%25201.jpg

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Leg fixing -

IMG_1006.JPG?gl=GB

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

And here is an exploaded view -

Seat%2520Bed%2520exploaded%2520view.JPG?

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

How to cut from an 8' x 4' sheet -

Seat%2520Bed%2520cutting%2520from%2520sh

Mark. smile.png

Edited by wirren
  • Greenie 1

Smart job,I wonder if you could sell the plans? I imagine that one or two people might like to make one and plans would give the cutting instructions to get the best out of the single sheet and the method of construction to follow

Edited by madcat

Hi Madcat, I think it was a couple of years ago that I made it, so any plans ( back of fag packet ) are long gone.

Next time I'm at the boat I'll get some measurements but they may need tweaking to a persons personal preferences.

Mark.