Personalised Tshirts

DHutch

Featured Posts

We though we'de get some Emilyanne shirt knocked up for the next rally...

emilyannepoloshirtdemobs4.jpg

What do you think? Team Emilyanne!!

- Geting them embroidered by the Jancraft fellow who does all the IWA/WRG shirts.

emilyanne%20at%20tarleton.jpg

Daniel

Edited by dhutch

We though we'd get some Emilyanne shirts knocked up for the next rally...

What do you think?

As you've got an unusual boat, a distinctive boat, a definite talking point, something which you can and should take to shows, then yes, a uniform shirt to associate crew with boat would seem quite acceptable, sensible, even logical.

But what's this business with his-and-hers embroidered sweatshirts with boat name embroidered (usually the shiny tradclone), maybe even a miniature representation of a narrowboat?

Am I the only one who cringes at this practice and pities the wearers? STOP IT!

Of course, some go the whole hog and add the captain's hat. Very sad.

We though we'de get some Emilyanne shirt knocked up for the next rally...

emilyannepoloshirtdemobs4.jpg

No Daniel, I would worry about people experiencing gender confusion when talking to a bloke wearing a Shirt with a girl's name on it.

Edited by David Schweizer

But what's this business with his-and-hers embroidered sweatshirts with boat name embroidered (usually the shiny tradclone), maybe even a miniature representation of a narrowboat?

- Am I the only one who cringes at this practice and pities the wearers? STOP IT!

Hehe! yeah, it is mildy amusing!

- When we when to the chap he offered us the standard-issue narrowboat that everyone has, but we declinded, and have settle up on the above, paying £30 origanation cost for the "squirls" (the text just being a good match of font)

We will only wear them at rallys, when with the boat.

- But like at bealepark, when we where third boat out on the jetty, i could be stood on the jetty, and people done know im actaully off the boat, so are unable to ask about it. And if i stand on the gunnel, they end up hailing 15ft over noise of the bollinder in the boat between us!

No Daniel, I would worry about people experiencing gender confusion when talking to a bloke wearing a Shirt with a girl's name on it.

Hehe!

- Yeah well, im sure you'll cope. We did think of geting names embriodered on the oposing side, however we though that was taking it too far! And would also reduce the flexabilty of who could wear which. It would be even worse if it had "sarah" emboridered on the other side as well!

Daniel

• 6 months later...

Only half a year later, and we finally receaved our first sample t'shirt in the post yesterday.

- There where a few hold ups with geting the design digitised and approved. But now its here it does look just the busness!

Daniel

Only half a year later, and we finally receaved our first sample t'shirt in the post yesterday.

- There where a few hold ups with geting the design digitised and approved. But now its here it does look just the busness!

Daniel

Do they have a website?

And do they do printing.

I need to egt lots done for the JC members.

Dhutch, have you checked the spelling. (only kidding!!)

Indeed a very valid point!

- However the order was placed by sending a photo of the design we wanted (same one used to mock up the above photo) and this in itself was a photo of the side of the boat.

So my typing very cunningly got nowhere need the end result!

:(

Daniel

Indeed a very valid point!

- However the order was placed by sending a photo of the design we wanted (same one used to mock up the above photo) and this in itself was a photo of the side of the boat.

So my typing very cunningly got nowhere need the end result!

:lol:

Daniel

haha.. so the t-shirts don't have spell checkers then? :(

Daniel

Crikey! I'd be out of business with that sort of turnaround!

BTW.. we do t-shirt printing (and embroidery!) www.smudgeonline.co.uk

:(

Yeah i know, its a bit shocking.

- He kept geting increasingly applogetic, after the first few times, and promissing to send samples, then a whole t'shirt, and then finally it arrived!

Fortunatly we didnt really need it or miss it over winter, but yeah. Hopefully the remaining shirts wont take long... Watch this space!

thanks. yes! the fairie on my avatar is what i painted on our boat, and i did the sign writing as well. Took a while as I was a bit out of practice! but hoping to get more work from that as we pootle along! :(

I may well be in touch in the not too distant future to do the work on mine when I get her. (Current thinking has gone from 'Endeavour Jean' as the name to 'Our Ifits Boat' as my family nick-name has been Ifit for years and it'll mean they never forget the boat name ...)

• 6 months later...

Only just seen this, Dan.

Did you order them for all, in the end ??

With a boat like EA, you would get away with it, without a comment.

Its a bit twee for the average narrowboater.

However, in saying that, all the crews of the larger megayachts do it.

I remember a few years back when I was down in the Med and I noticed there were lots of guys walking round with "Midnight Express"

on their shirts, as she was in town at the time.

Edited by NB Willawaw

Yeah, we got about 10 printed.

- There on the boat in a bag as we speak....

They look good, well, like the sample we got. Havnt actaully worn them in urnest yet as we didnt actaully go to any rallys/meets this year.

- However its all good for a laugh, maybe we'll get down to the national this year.

- Might also get to a SBA rally again sometime if llangollen is at a sensable time again.

Daniel