Facet Fuel pump for Barrus Shire 40 Which one?

reg

Featured Posts

Having changed all my fuel filters and cleaned out all lines and having read through previous posts it looks like I need a new fuel pump for a Barrus Shire 40. Previous posts have suggested using a Facet Posi-flow electric pump as listed here:

fuel pumps online Facet pumps

However I am not sure which posi-flow model to order. Anyone know which model I should order?

Having changed all my fuel filters and cleaned out all lines and having read through previous posts it looks like I need a new fuel pump for a Barrus Shire 40. Previous posts have suggested using a Facet Posi-flow electric pump as listed here:

fuel pumps online Facet pumps

However I am not sure which posi-flow model to order. Anyone know which model I should order?

The original Barrus pumps are pretty poor and unreliable. Two years ago I fitted a Posiflow 60106 (8mm connections) and it has been 100% reliable. I did re mount it off of the engine because I thought that vibration may have caused the original problem. Position it below the fuel tank and after the primary filter.

Edited by Flyboy

The original Barrus pumps are pretty poor and unreliable. Two years ago I fitted a Posiflow 60106 (8mm connections) and it has been 100% reliable. I did re mount it off of the engine because I thought that vibration may have caused the original problem. Position it below the fuel tank and after the primary filter.

Many thanks for the reply I have ordered a 60104 wasn't sure if the 60106 was to high a pressure, should of waited for a reply. Anyway I will give the 60104 a try if it appears to weak I will order the 60106 and keep the 60104 as an emergency spare.

Having read a number of posts on the subject, both here and elsewhere, it would appear that the barrus fuel pump is a weak spot on the engine.

again thanks for the reply and advice on mounting it

regards

Many thanks for the reply I have ordered a 60104 wasn't sure if the 60106 was to high a pressure, should of waited for a reply. Anyway I will give the 60104 a try if it appears to weak I will order the 60106 and keep the 60104 as an emergency spare.

Having read a number of posts on the subject, both here and elsewhere, it would appear that the barrus fuel pump is a weak spot on the engine.

again thanks for the reply and advice on mounting it

regards

The 60104 should be fine. The pressure (4-6 psi) isn't critical.

I have run my barrus without a pump for a year , canal and river rescue just put a primer bulb in its place when a spare replacement pump was unavailable , they just advised that i stay off rivers where plenty of revs/ fuel might be called for, i had no problems running the engine without electric pump but i had them out this week to put a pump back in place after i bought a couple online myself.

Edited by gaggle

Heads up

Just spotted this on ebay

12v fuel pump

which appears on first sight to be the same as the barrus fuel pump but priced at £26 rather than the £197 that someone stated they had paid for a barrus spare. Although I have already ordered my facet pump I may just order one of these as well as it should go in without any pipework mods.

Heads up

Just spotted this on ebay

12v fuel pump

which appears on first sight to be the same as the barrus fuel pump but priced at £26 rather than the £197 that someone stated they had paid for a barrus spare. Although I have already ordered my facet pump I may just order one of these as well as it should go in without any pipework mods.

There is a selection here http://www.asap-supplies.com/search/fuel+pump