Who's got the biggest battery bank?

Foxtrot

Featured Posts

Yea, but at thymes the troubled ways of thy magick combi doth vexeth thee, and the mysteries of thy batteries confoundeth! :)

Yeth it hath putthled me for nigh on thixteen of my yearth.

Editeth for my mithtake.

Edited by nb Innisfree

i use 5 235 amp gel batteries plus 2 135 amps batts for thruster and a start battery

i also have twin alts and four 100 watt solar panels

to run hot point dishwasher hotpoint automatic washing machine 1600 spin speed a wine cooler a hot point fridge hotpoint freezer roof has 10 low energy lamps 240 volt 48 led lamps for battery side all leds i use the latest sterling charger mains powerd latest sterling inverter charger absoloutley ace and a sterling alternater booster ive never had a flat battery yet thanks to the solar side

best whishes mike ps sorry about the typing results of 2 strokes

Ah..... boating the simple life !

Why would you choose a simple canal boating lifestyle and load your boat with power hungry white goods ?

i have air con, i open the door !

just becauce one chooses to live on a boat why is it frowned upon to have some of the "white goods" that can relieve you of the teadium of domestic choirs, thus allowing one self more time to enjoy the better things in life ? The word luddite springs to mind. Of course It could just be the ramblings of some one who wishes he could afford all these "white goods" and the means to supply the amount of electricty that they need.But then I am rather a cynical person. :cheers:

• Greenie 1

OK then, the people who have large banks, say >500Ah, what do you do with it all, eg. is it because you use electric for cooking say?

A bigger bank means you can go longer between charge times, which should reduce the amount of total charge time and wear and tear on your engine or genny.