china purchasing from

Titan

Featured Posts

Hi folks

id just thought id share my experience of buying from china, previously had good service, but my latest purchase (tracer 45 amp charge controller and meter ) This was my 3rd attempt as the first two companies received my order and payment, and both returned payment swiftly due to lack of stock. Evenyually at An icrease of £30. i ordered from Misol, and made payment on the evening of the 26 October delivery could be 30 days. Ive tracked the shipment,

16.28 29/10 12 collected

18.34 item processed china republic

!8.35 cleared process

20.22 arrived @ and cleared at sort process

30/10/12

05.53 East china process peoples republic

05.54 depart process east china peoples republic

20.29 Arrive Heathrow sort facility

20.58 heathrow clearance complete

21.34 heathrow processing complete

31/10/12

00.05 deapart facility London Heathrow destination Hub bristol???

I think thats service, and am surprised how quick and efficient it all seems, however its not here yet so time for things to go pear shaped yet eh.. Intrestingly, i guess theres a whole new style of mppt controlers due to hit the markets, and shortly. thats why this model was sold out, alibaba list the up and comming but at nearly £100 more im happy (hopefully) with the spec on the one ordered. Some of the new ones do appear to be proper most though with greater scope for exspansion with built in vdu etc ... :cheers:

but my latest purchase (tracer 45 amp charge controller and meter ) This was my 3rd attempt as the first two companies received my order and payment, and both returned payment swiftly due to lack of stock.

the reason there are no stocks is because that model has a software issue and has been withdrawn for updated software,i know this as mine overheated after 2 months and i had to return it ( to china ) at a cost of £34. the new stock will arrive as you say at a £30 increase in price.

Hi folks

id just thought id share my experience of buying from china, previously had good service, but my latest purchase (tracer 45 amp charge controller and meter ) This was my 3rd attempt as the first two companies received my order and payment, and both returned payment swiftly due to lack of stock. Evenyually at An icrease of £30. i ordered from Misol, and made payment on the evening of the 26 October delivery could be 30 days. Ive tracked the shipment,

16.28 29/10 12 collected

18.34 item processed china republic

!8.35 cleared process

20.22 arrived @ and cleared at sort process

30/10/12

05.53 East china process peoples republic

05.54 depart process east china peoples republic

20.29 Arrive Heathrow sort facility

20.58 heathrow clearance complete

21.34 heathrow processing complete

31/10/12

00.05 deapart facility London Heathrow destination Hub bristol???

I think thats service, and am surprised how quick and efficient it all seems, however its not here yet so time for things to go pear shaped yet eh.. Intrestingly, i guess theres a whole new style of mppt controlers due to hit the markets, and shortly. thats why this model was sold out, alibaba list the up and comming but at nearly £100 more im happy (hopefully) with the spec on the one ordered. Some of the new ones do appear to be proper most though with greater scope for exspansion with built in vdu etc ... :cheers:

I had an item like this...

It made it to UK in great time...went to a 'hub' with Yodel...

It then took another day for it to come to my local branch of Yodel.

I live a mile from the Yodel depot...

Each day I tracked it...'on van'...etc...

I waited in .....late each night.the computer read...'returned to depot'...

3 days later...I went to the depot and asked to collect it..

'no..we don't have facilities to collect it'..!!

It arrived after 5 days...from a disgruntled driver who was using his own car (some Yodel areas do that..?)...who said..he didn't get paid enough to worry !!

I think..the Chinese...have a lead on us !!

Edited by Bobbybass

I had an item like this...

It made it to UK in great time...went to a 'hub' with Yodel...

It then took another day for it to come to my local branch of Yodel.

I live a mile from the Yodel depot...

Each day I tracked it...'on van'...etc...

I waited in .....late each night.the computer read...'returned to depot'...

3 days later...I went to the depot and asked to collect it..

'no..we don't have facilities to collect it'..!!

It arrived after 5 days...from a disgruntled driver who was using his own car (some Yodel areas do that..?)...who said..he didn't get paid enough to worry !!

I think..the Chinese...have a lead on us !!

Had a similar experience with Yodel, a mobile phone which should have been delivered the next day. Tracked it and it showed as delivered, contacted the depot who said it had not been delivered but did not know where it was. This went on for 3 days and yes it finally turned up. The following day Yodel contacted me to say it would be delivered the next day and they were very surprised to hear I actually had it.

Yodel? rubbish!!!!

Phil