Welded floors?

Featured Posts

Over here, when fitting a wet room using plastic floors. They weld the pieces together in joins and corners into a tray(ish) form with about 15 cms hight. The thinner plastic wall covering is welded also, overlapping the floor making it completely water tight. I see a lot of bubbles, open joins and clearly non water tight "wet rooms" in the UK, both on boats and in housing. Is welding not done over there? And if so, what the heck is that pointy nozzled hot air thingy called in English?

wgairtherm1600.jpg

Edit: to ad pic.

Edited by Caprifool

My thinking too, if i was to build one i would get a plastic tank firm to weld a liner to cover the whole room up to 12". The join between shower trays and walls or tiling is always a good leaker at some point. A stainless box with the tiles overlapping would be better, also having a welded 100 % leak proof outlet fitting. I have a shower to build soon, and that's the way i'm doing it.