LPG cooker

Douglas Field

Featured Posts

Hi- I'm looking for a sound double oven for our boat. Struggling to find a reasonably priced LPG one that will work while cruising. We don't have an inverter so are hoping to find one that doesn't require electricity - or one with a main oven that works when the LED display that many seem to have - isn't plugged into the mains. We've seen one or two ovens that look good- & are fine in a marina- but the main ovens won't work without electricity. Any tips for good ovens or websites appreciated! Thanks.

We had to replace ours for the last BSC.We replaced it with one from Midland Chandlers which required a 12 volt connection for the spark igniter.It was very expensive and was very flimsy compared with the old Valour cooker.Cost about £550 from memory.It does the job but I have since seen cookers in our local gas show room for a lot less money.I would not recomend our cooker as good value for money.

We fitted a Beko recently, not the most solidly built but not bad, simple and works a treat, even does Yorkshire puds! Double oven, flame fail devices on all burners

and the LPG conversion jets posted free of charge after purchase, on request. I think we paid around £250 for the silver one. Does have a 240v light and ignition but works without & no fancy timers. I think it was a DVG592

$(KGrHqZ,&%2333;m&%2333;E++5shJkoBQLQtMe

Edited by jckm2000

Midland Chandlers at Braunston have a whopper on special offer at the moment. They wheel it out and put it in the car park every day with a DISCOUNTED PRICE label on it, and put it away each night.

Been doing this with it for months. I'm vaguely surprised it hasn't been nicked....

Its about £400 IIRC.

A lot of domestic cookers can have the jets changed for the LPG version. Ask your dealer

Most domestic cookers don't have flame supervision so although they can be converted to LPG, they are not suitable for use in boats and will fail a BSS

Mike

We had to replace ours for the last BSC.We replaced it with one from Midland Chandlers which required a 12 volt connection for the spark igniter.It was very expensive and was very flimsy compared with the old Valour cooker.Cost about £550 from memory.It does the job but I have since seen cookers in our local gas show room for a lot less money.I would not recomend our cooker as good value for money.

Many thanks!

We fitted a Beko recently, not the most solidly built but not bad, simple and works a treat, even does Yorkshire puds! Double oven, flame fail devices on all burners

and the LPG conversion jets posted free of charge after purchase, on request. I think we paid around £250 for the silver one. Does have a 240v light and ignition but works without & no fancy timers. I think it was a DVG592

$(KGrHqZ,&%2333;m&%2333;E++5shJkoBQLQtMe

Thanks- I'll check it out

Midland Chandlers at Braunston have a whopper on special offer at the moment. They wheel it out and put it in the car park every day with a DISCOUNTED PRICE label on it, and put it away each night.

Been doing this with it for months. I'm vaguely surprised it hasn't been nicked....

Its about £400 IIRC.

Most domestic cookers don't have flame supervision so although they can be converted to LPG, they are not suitable for use in boats and will fail a BSS

Mike

Thanks- good to bear mind

Try a caravan shop, they may have more choice

Cheers- will do!

Its about £400 IIRC.

Mike

Fair play...

Can it be retrofitted?

Its about £400 IIRC.

Mike

Hi Mike, I'm reading through all the LPG cooker threads at the moment to try and get my facts straight! This looks to me like it ticks all the boxes.. (I'm ok with it needing 240v electrics).

http://www.laskys.com/kitchen_and_home/cooking/gas_range_cookers/delonghi_dsc95g_fsd.html

What do you think?

Space isn't an issue for me.

Apologies for thread jacking by the way!

Hi Mike, I'm reading through all the LPG cooker threads at the moment to try and get my facts straight! This looks to me like it ticks all the boxes.. (I'm ok with it needing 240v electrics).

http://www.laskys.com/kitchen_and_home/cooking/gas_range_cookers/delonghi_dsc95g_fsd.html

What do you think?

Space isn't an issue for me.

Apologies for thread jacking by the way!

Do you REALLY need all those burners?