How can I find out what paint my boat was painted with?

DomX

Featured Posts

Hi All,

We recently bought our first narrowboat, a 2006 56' Liverpool Boat Company boat. She's painted green and blue with cream lines around the edge. She came with a half used tin of the green paint (International Toplac 077), so I know what colour the green is, but can anyone suggest a way of finding out what the blue is?

Thanks in advance,

Dom.

Hi All,

We recently bought our first narrowboat, a 2006 56' Liverpool Boat Company boat. She's painted green and blue with cream lines around the edge. She came with a half used tin of the green paint (International Toplac 077), so I know what colour the green is, but can anyone suggest a way of finding out what the blue is?

Thanks in advance,

Dom.

If you stick some pictures up on here some one will have a shot...

If you're just looking for touchup then the problem is that after 6/7 years in the sun/rain/snow the paint will have faded to a different colour than the one you're after, if you're looking to repaint your boat then just ignore me !

Dave

If you're just looking for touchup then the problem is that after 6/7 years in the sun/rain/snow the paint will have faded to a different colour than the one you're after, if you're looking to repaint your boat then just ignore me !

Dave

Hi Dave,

We're after touching up areas where the paint's been scuffed and rust has started. I've found a pretty good product from 3M that's doing a good job of restoring the paint to a nice new'ish condition, so I'm after the original paint if I can find it.

Dom.

If you stick some pictures up on here some one will have a shot...

Good thinking Martin. I'll try and take some tomorrow.

Dom.

Hi Dave,

We're after touching up areas where the paint's been scuffed and rust has started. I've found a pretty good product from 3M that's doing a good job of restoring the paint to a nice new'ish condition, so I'm after the original paint if I can find it.

Dom.

Good thinking Martin. I'll try and take some tomorrow.

Dom.

Is it collingwood boats now at Albert dock? Anyway, ring them and ask for Ian, he used to work for Liverpool boats and may know your colour codes.

If the boat was painted with International Toplac from new and you have a tin of Donegal Green 077 then the chances are the blue will also be Toplac . Looking at an old International colour card there are 6 blues starting with the lightest being Bondi Blue 016, Baltic Blue 163, Lauderdale Blue 936, Danube Blue 104, Oxford Blue 105 and Mauritius Blue 018 . Interestingly there is only one green which is the Donegal Green that you have .

Thanks everyone for your help. Turns out that Collingwood Boats have the paperwork relating to the build of our boat, so they're going to get back to me this week with the colour :) All bets are on Mauritius Blue :)

Dom.