Netflix on a dongle

real_vibes

Featured Posts

I have netflix but use BTOPENZONE, it's great for when I have my kids on those wet wintry days. There is normally something to watch although some of the films are well a little dated, but at £7 a month it's not bad. I use it on an iPad/iPhone setup going into my TV.

I would add.. Make sure you have enough data, video streaming takes a LOT of data.

Edited by tafelberg

And is Netflix any good?

Loads of stuff for kids (mine watch it more than real telly these days).

Lots of old series, american and British which I like.

I've so far done marathons with Spooks, SOA, Firefly and am on series 3 of Andromeda.

The films aren't quite as new as Lovefilm but the TV classics more than make up for this and there are some good ones on there.

I think it's well worth the £5.99 a month especially considering the ridiculous price of Virgin Media and the dross that's on there.

All these new wheezes are wonderful for empowering the customer (watch, listen do what you want when you want), but they are sold without any understanding either on the customre's or seller's part.

They all use a lot of resource = "bandwidth".

Fine for folks who have a good speed internet connection (8Mbps and above). There are an awful loot of folks who don't live in high speed areas - really large towns and cities.

Even BBC iPlayer and YouTube need a fast connection to avoid stuttering.

So, if your boat is out-in-the-sticks on a dongle or a marina WiFi not only will you get poor video BUT while you are downloading your neighbours will get rubbish speeds as well.

Edited by Theo
To remove repeated text

All these new wheezes are wonderful for empowering the customer (watch, listen do what you want when you want), but they are sold without any understanding either on the customre's or seller's part.

A bit patronising.

How do you know what I, as a customer, understood about what I was buying?

I am well aware that it won't work so well in areas and that is why I mentioned that it worked fine using my phone with a full signal.

I also have a Virgin 60Mb Broadband connection and it works fine on that, too. :P

Firefly!!!

fantastic :)

I couldn't believe it when they cancelled it.

There are persistent whispers that Netflix are going to commission a new series but I think it would be hard to get the old cast together, especially as they killed off most of the crew in "Serenity".

A prequel series might be nice though.