Canal side Wildlife forum area

cwwmike

Featured Posts

I for one would be interested to know about the state of the Water Vole population. I know some reckon they damage the banks, but I'd gladly put up with a few crumbly banks to see sustainable Water Vole populations such as existed back in the 70s.

I for one would be interested to know about the state of the Water Vole population. I know some reckon they damage the banks, but I'd gladly put up with a few crumbly banks to see sustainable Water Vole populations such as existed back in the 70s.

I couldn't agree more about both the wildlife section and the vole population. It is literally years since I saw one.

I couldn't agree more about both the wildlife section and the vole population. It is literally years since I saw one.

We saw 3 voles and two kingfishers on our trip on The Ashby early September.

I was speaking to the guy who lives at the terminus at Snareston and he said that mink have been eradicated from the Ashby Canal.