Neatening the top of the flue inside ceiling

DeanS

Featured Posts

Hi all.

Stove flue going through the ceiling...

Hole cut in ceiling ply to clear insulation, and fit in fireboard round the flue etc. Want to neaten the job by fitting something round the flue/ceiling. I was considering cutting some thin steel plating, and painting it, and have seen some wooden trims made (as the flue isnt that hot where it joins the roof).

Can you provide some ideas?

Thanks.

If you check back in my wheezes Dean to one called ''Embellishment''i describe how to make them from foil pie dishes, apple pie, meat puddings ect from supermarkets, they look splendid, very professional and cheap. Better than the posh brass rings in a away cos they can be cut to have a deep flange to pass up the flue to the collar so giving more heat protection. And you get a meal thrown in too. :closedeyes:

Hi all.

Stove flue going through the ceiling...

Hole cut in ceiling ply to clear insulation, and fit in fireboard round the flue etc. Want to neaten the job by fitting something round the flue/ceiling. I was considering cutting some thin steel plating, and painting it, and have seen some wooden trims made (as the flue isnt that hot where it joins the roof).

Can you provide some ideas?

Yes, put the ring over the flue before you fit the flue into the stove & through the roof and seal it up.

Ask me how I know... :banghead:

http://www.ebay.co.uk/sch/i.html?_odkw=flue+ring&_osacat=0&_trksid=p2045573.m570.l1313&_nkw=flue+trim&_sacat=0

Edited by blackrose