Mobile phone/broadband cover

Karma Dreams

Featured Posts

Anyone got any experience with Talktalk phone/net coverage on the cut? Just looking at an offer they are giving me as a Talktalk customer and wondering if any of the forum members have their phone packages and can comment on connections. Might be worth it as I'm currently using a 3 dongle for the tinternet and an 02 mobile (PAYG) that is. Any comments appreciated as usual :cheers:

I had TalkTalk broadband for 2 years and didn't experience the problems that are much reported on.

This was 4 years ago and I believe they are still provider with the most complaints received and lowest customer satisfaction ratings so I wouldn't recommend them as I was possibly lucky.

I believe their mobile service is a new venture so it's hard to comment.

It might be worth finding out which of the major providers they are piggy backing.

I've had Talk Talk at home for about four years now, it costs me £24.00 a month for Telephone and Broadband. Free calls all the time / line rental / broadband and free international calls. Never had a problem, original contract was for 18 months when we renewed they gave us two months free.

As Carl says mobile is new check the terms and conditions.

Ken

I had TalkTalk broadband for 2 years and didn't experience the problems that are much reported on.

This was 4 years ago and I believe they are still provider with the most complaints received and lowest customer satisfaction ratings so I wouldn't recommend them as I was possibly lucky.

I believe their mobile service is a new venture so it's hard to comment.

It might be worth finding out which of the major providers they are piggy backing.

:cheers: for quick reply.. I have been a customer of theirs (home phone) for quite a few years now, and have been very happy with their services etc.. But as you say, this is a new venture and their packages seem good value for mobile and net uses.. but only IF you get a GOOD connection both with phone and net... ummm.... Dont want to dump my 3 dongle and then find it was a bad decision :( Decisions, decisions..

I was having a look for the coverage areas as best I could, bit awkward when you dont know many post codes around the system lol... Any ideas what the coverage is with Vodafone as mentioned by The Dog house? I have been using 3 on the boat for few years now, and been happy with the coverage around the cut.... I think Vodafone has been mentioned on here in the past with broadband/phone conn :blush: , but cant remember if yay.. or Nay..

I was having a look for the coverage areas as best I could, bit awkward when you dont know many post codes around the system lol... Any ideas what the coverage is with Vodafone as mentioned by The Dog house? I have been using 3 on the boat for few years now, and been happy with the coverage around the cut.... I think Vodafone has been mentioned on here in the past with broadband/phone conn :blush: , but cant remember if yay.. or Nay..

We also use 3 on the boat and generally have been very happy with it too - certainly happier than what we experienced when we used to use Vodafone which we did when we were at work and needed to pick emails up and stuff.

That was a couple of years ago now though.

There have also been recent comments in here about problems with 3 also - seemingly due to them taking on more customers than they have capacity for.

Edited by The Dog House

I have used 3 since 2008. Used to Bluetooth it to from my Nokia. Now I tether it to my HTC. I took up an addin which gave me 500MB per month broadband which cost an extra £5/month but only through the tether. I was somewhat confused to find that the phone allowance was unchanged. Weird.

N