I seem to spend my life on Ebay

allybsc

Featured Posts

Evening all,

Now here is a nice little item for anyone interested in the Birmingham canals, item number 200004597003 tried to email the BCN society, but i'm not on my own Pc so not sure if it went through, this book should be in a museum.Ta ra

Ally p.

Ally, you got me looking about on Ebay, and under the same sort of stuff as that book you found... I found this.

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/cast-iron-Oxford-Can...1QQcmdZViewItem

Isn't it funny that they know which Canal it came off.... Stop, Theif!!

You would think that it actually belonged to British Waterways!!

Hehe, I saw that one, too!

By the way, to add a link, copy the address from the address bar, then just click on the "Insert Link" button, between the envelope and the underlined "A". Paste the address into here, and then give the link a name. Then just click on ok :cheers:

Here's another one, sorry I can't work out how to put in a link

Item number 160006484857

Wouldn't fancy being the postie!!!

Regards,

Ally p.

Bolinder

Me want!! You can keep the boat mind (ok so there is something I'd swap Usk's engine for!)

As far as the bollards go, I've got a few under my floorboards, along with old boat knees , flywheels and railway bits and bobs! Maybe I should have a bilge sale!

Bolinder

Me want!! You can keep the boat mind (ok so there is something I'd swap Usk's engine for!)

As far as the bollards go, I've got a few under my floorboards, along with old boat knees , flywheels and railway bits and bobs! Maybe I should have a bilge sale!

Could be sitting on a fortune :cheers:

I'm going to try that add link thingy......here goes

How about these babies

Regards,

Ally p.

Could be sitting on a fortune :cheers:

I'm going to try that add link thingy......here goes

How about these babies

Regards,

Ally p.

Easy ain't it! Still can't manage piccies yet. When I finally have a back cabin in usk the three pot armstrong siddeley's gearbox will be under the bed! I can't see one of these Gardners squeezing in somehow. But if a nice wooden Humber keel pops up on ebay I would be tempted.

Easy ain't it! Still can't manage piccies yet. When I finally have a back cabin in usk the three pot armstrong siddeley's gearbox will be under the bed! I can't see one of these Gardners squeezing in somehow. But if a nice wooden Humber keel pops up on ebay I would be tempted.

OK. got my searching hat on, if I see one i'll let you know...ebay junkie!!!!

Regards,

Ally p.

OK. got my searching hat on, if I see one i'll let you know...ebay junkie!!!!

Regards,

Ally p.

Sadly, to my knowledge, there are only two wooden yorkshire keels left. And one of them is just something someone told me about but I've been unable to confirm. The one I know about is in what seems to be pretty sound knick on a coastal river mooring down south somewhere (featured in one of the waterways rags last year). The other, I'm told is called Dorothy Anne (??) and is dying in a museum somewhere. Anyone know anything about this one?

Since writing this I found this link about the shoreham keel.

Guidance

OK so I either change the cylinder head I'm supposed to be doing or I play on Google.

Yorkshire Keels

Anyone know where these are and if they still live? I feel a mission coming on.

Edited by carlt

Evening all,

Now here is a nice little item for anyone interested in the Birmingham canals, item number 200004597003 tried to email the BCN society, but i'm not on my own Pc so not sure if it went through, this book should be in a museum.Ta ra

Ally p.

Bad move ............checked out the item number and didnt get off ebay for 2 hours!

Bad move ............checked out the item number and didnt get off ebay for 2 hours!

That'll teach you to curious :cheers: I'm selling now to make room for all the stuff I bought recently...new junk for old!!!

Regards,

Ally p.

Update on Register.

PS I spoke to an archivist at Ellesmere port boat museum, they said they would ring NAT waterways museum to try to get the seller to donate it to them, or to try to buy it off them, she will ring me back with update. the book is not that rare apparently, there were lots of copies made of boat movements at the time (can't spell contemporaneously!!!!) and are still out there, but she said it should be in a museum tho'

How about these babies

Regards,

Ally p.

There was a 6 cylinder Russel Newbury engine sold at a local auction a couple of weeks ago, reputed to have come off the aircraft carrier, Ark Royal. It was huge, Stood about 6 feet high on the engine beds and had far bigger components than the DM range fitted in narrowboats. It made about 500 quid plus commission and VAT.

You would think that it actually belonged to British Waterways!!

Your not the 1st person to ask this, so take it from the tone of the questions these things should still be in situ? this one was purchased by myself at a railwayana auction in 2000 and was bought in good faith from reputable and recognised auction house.

:cheers: