LPG Cooker Jets

Serenity Malc

Featured Posts

Yello,

Could someone please inform me of what's involved in converting a standard natural gas cooker to LPG ? Is it simply a swap out of the 4 hob jets and the grill oven burners remain the same ?

Thanks in advance .... Malc. B)

I'm pretty sure all the burners have to be changed.

Yello,

Could someone please inform me of what's involved in converting a standard natural gas cooker to LPG ? Is it simply a swap out of the 4 hob jets and the grill oven burners remain the same ?

Hi

Its a doddle usualy only need to change the main jets taht supply the others. On mine I changed the oven one adn one that supplied the four ring burners.

Tim

All jets have to be changed. (or they did on my daughters)

With new cookers they generally come with natural gas jets fitted and LPG jets in a plastic bag.

Not if it's a Stoves hob it won't. I had to pay thirty or forty quid for a set. Rip off if you ask me.

Steve P

Yello,

Hotpoint and BEKO supply lpg injectors FOC after you have purchased the cooker and given them the serial No, they no longer include them with the cookers although some hob units do come withe the injectors in the box.

Paul M

Yello,

No such thing as a 'standard' natural gas cooker.

Read the instructions manual that came with the cooker. It will give you chapter and verse.

Most cookers are convertible, some are not. If convertible, all jets will require changing including the grill and oven jets.

If you are planning on using the converted cooker in a boat it will need flame supervision on the gas rings and grill as well as the oven. Few ordinary NG cookers have this.

Mike

Yello,

Thanks for all the advice peeps ..... my son has a mint condition cooker available to me for free and it's only a very slightly different trim model than the grubby LPG one in my boat .... hence my conversion question.

On digging in Google, I find that LPG jets are required to be about half the bore size of natural gas jets due to the higher energy per unit ...... so I'm guessing that everything will need to be changed.

Thanks again .... Malc. B)

Yello,

Thanks for all the advice peeps ..... my son has a mint condition cooker available to me for free and it's only a very slightly different trim model than the grubby LPG one in my boat .... hence my conversion question.

Chances are high that you could use the jets from the old one then. But CHECK THE MANUAL.

On digging in Google, I find that LPG jets are required to be about half the bore size of natural gas jets due to the higher energy per unit ...... so I'm guessing that everything will need to be changed.

No need to guess. READ THE MANUAL! :)

Mike

P.S. don't overlook the flame supervision issue. This might explain the 'slight difference in trim' you mention...