Raid Fly Spray

Biggles

Featured Posts

I have just used a new tin of Raid and it smells different to the old one we have at home. Not only this but it seems a lot slower acting. Has the formular been changed?

If so is there one as good as the old raid?

I have just used a new tin of Raid and it smells different to the old one we have at home. Not only this but it seems a lot slower acting. Has the formular been changed?

If so is there one as good as the old raid?

It's probably the new, improved 'PC' version.

I understand that some bluebottles went to the European Court of Insect Rights, and their complaint that Raid was dangerous to flying insects was upheld

• Greenie 2

It's probably the new, improved 'PC' version.

I understand that some bluebottles went to the European Court of Insect Rights, and their complaint that Raid was dangerous to flying insects was upheld

I think you could be right. I think H&S might have ruined it.

Like so many other things these days...

"Super" glue that still sticks to skin, but not much else. 20 years ago it was brilliant.

Washing powders - don't get oil out of clothes any more

Tippex - used to cover in one quick swipe - now far too watery (and you can't get a hit by sniffing it)

Proper paint and varnish

Not to mention chemistry sets: http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/magazine-19050342

Same as kaolin and morphine mixture and Thawpit

Re kaolin and morphine mixture.

I have bought this not that long ago over the counter at one of the supermarket chemist counters.

High street and village chemists no longer make up on the premises, this is due to the cost of insurance, they now send off the orders to have it made up for them to dispense.

Thawpit was this not carbon tet highly carciginous and replaced by 1-1-1 carbon tet

Edited by barry adams