The count down has started!

Magic Potion

Featured Posts

House up for sale, contents being sold off. The OH is moving into a new house and I'm buying a boat! We have decided that living together just doesn't work, so this way we both get what we want, still together but living apart.

The campsite at Wigrams has been taken over and they had a cottage as a holiday let. That's now on long term rent and the missus has got it. My house is being sold as vacant posession so on completion I'll have to move out that day ...... that'll be fun!

Temp accomodation is almost sorted and my paltry few posessions will be going into secure storage until I can move onto the boat I eventually buy.

Updates to follow as and when ............

Congrats? Hope everything works out for you both, lucky buggars , you are a couple of weeks ahead of us ,good luck :):)

Thank you :) Since deciding to do this, we're getting on a lot better, she gets her cottage

and I get my boat! Winners all round I think.

Good luck with yours too :D :D

• 1 month later...

Accepted offer on the house today, completion due in 6-8 weeks. So now the search starts properly, although I have been looking at various boats already. Rechecking the 'duck' and different brokerages regularly and viewing any likely prospects.

To be continued ...........

Good news and good luck but I wouldn't start looking in earnest until the house sale is signed and sealed. Sorry, but with the housing market the way it it is there's a chance it could fall through. It happened to s a few months back after we'd found our dream boat and we've now decided to wait until the house is properly sold beore looking at boats again.

Good news and good luck but I wouldn't start looking in earnest until the house sale is signed and sealed. Sorry, but with the housing market the way it it is there's a chance it could fall through. It happened to s a few months back after we'd found our dream boat and we've now decided to wait until the house is properly sold beore looking at boats again.

Wise words and well heeded. No offers for boats will be made until completion and the money is in the bank. :cheers:

Thank you :) Since deciding to do this, we're getting on a lot better, she gets her cottage

and I get my boat! Winners all round I think.

Good luck with yours too :D :D

And you could moor outside her front door, or would that be pushing it a bit. There use to be a boat moored there permanat lay a few years back.

Nice one , congrats to you , nearly there then :):):)

Getting closer, how about you?

And you could moor outside her front door, or would that be pushing it a bit. There use to be a boat moored there permanat lay a few years back.

I might ask her landlord! The private morring signs are still there. Got her moved in last week

so she's a happy bunny and so will I be soon. :cheers:

On the market soon , estate agents in tomorrow ,the house is mint ,Jan worked sooo hard redecorating the whole place for hopfully quick sale !!! :) . We are living on the drive in our van to maintain the house at mo so getting used to confined spaces !! Just a last bit of turfing to do , we'll be glad when its all over . Need a holiday , so off to somerset for a week soon and might take in a couple of boats on the way ! :):) , we havent been on one since march , when we decided not to get a widebeam, so we might pop into whilton on way down !! (other marinas are available) , just a bit excited really and cant wait to go proper boat shopping !!!!! :cheers:

May we tempt you.....?

Neither boat's on the market quite yet (still doing lots of tidying up jobs) and we're still umming and ahhing whether to do brokerage or test the market a while over the winter as we're not in a mad rush to sell. But anyway, after someone asked today for details, I made up these albums of Odana & Black Beauty. More details to come as I get organised.

Reason for sale - married the boat next door & we're consolidating in to a 70 footer!

Odana - 52' cruiser stern 1991 £29k

Black Beauty - 60' trad stern 1989 £29k

• 4 weeks later...

**** **** **** ******** Expletives deleted - House sale has fallen through.

'Gutted' isn't strong enough a word to describe how I feel at the moment .....

Bad news and good that you at least hadn't set your heart on a particular boat, not sure of the reason but whatever it is it's a bummer to get let down like this.

Somebody else will be along though to be sure..

Bad news and good that you at least hadn't set your heart on a particular boat, not sure of the reason but whatever it is it's a bummer to get let down like this.

Somebody else will be along though to be sure..

:cheers: It's back on the market today, they just reactivated the advert. The few boats that I was interested in have all gone under offer anyway. This just gives me more time to look around

• Greenie 1

Sorry to hear the bad news. The same happened to me not so long ago. It seems to be happening a lot at the moment. I'm back to square one too! It's devastating when you have been a few weeks away from moving. I feel like I'll never get out of this wretched place. Still it could be worse- I keep telling myself I could be living in a cardboard box under a bridge somewhere. Then I would have something to moan about. It doesn't help the frustration though!

Sorry to hear the bad news. The same happened to me not so long ago. It seems to be happening a lot at the moment. I'm back to square one too! It's devastating when you have been a few weeks away from moving. I feel like I'll never get out of this wretched place. Still it could be worse- I keep telling myself I could be living in a cardboard box under a bridge somewhere. Then I would have something to moan about. It doesn't help the frustration though!

Yes, it could be worse ... you too could be living in Corby! :lol: :lol: :lol:

I might ask her landlord! The private morring signs are still there. Got her moved in last week

so she's a happy bunny and so will I be soon. :cheers:

Just remembered it was Graham Fisher who use to moor there, I wonder when the name of his boat will come back to me.

Gutted for you SpiritOA

Hope you get a new buyer soon - it's awful when you have mentally 'moved on'

I also hope we don't have the same problem... just waiting for the house survey to be done.

Good luck

Andy

Edited by Stormbringer