Leeds Trip Boat

Mac of Cygnet

Featured Posts

Going through Leeds on the river this morning I was hailed by name (my name, not the boat's) by the trip boat skipper. At least I think he was the skipper - he wasn't driving, but was on the back and seemed to be in charge. I was so surprised that I forgot to ask who he was. So who are you?

Going through Leeds on the river this morning I was hailed by name (my name, not the boat's) by the trip boat skipper. At least I think he was the skipper - he wasn't driving, but was on the back and seemed to be in charge. I was so surprised that I forgot to ask who he was. So who are you?

I past some one while we were out once and they did same, and shouted as they past I speak to you on forum. Never got to find out who it was. Big world out there!

It was probably my my mate Huw Cross, (his forum name on here is huwcross) and he operates the trip boat Apollo in Leeds.

Cheers, Brian

Very likely I would think. Huw, his partner and child used to base themselves here in Skipton on their boat quite often as Huw's parents used to be neighbours and friends of ours until a couple of years ago I guess when they moved south. We still keep in touch by e-mail, and visit them occasionally in their home in France so we had been informed of the Apollo venture.

Roger

hi Mac,

it was me that shouted out your name as you passed the appollo boat. I was the one standing next to the skipper.

I had been stopping overnight at leeds on my own boat, moored up at Granary Wharf.

Matt, you are right the trip boat was the one one that used to be at Shipley Wharf were you moor now.

what about this for a coincidence !! my boat was also moored at shipley wharf for a while just before you started to moor there.

It is a Dawncraft 25 cruiser, name then was 'The Rita Deere', now changed to Laikin' Aht

might see you around soon