next show???

crosser

Featured Posts

when and where is the next boat show for narrowboats? theres one this weekend but i cant remember where.... my memory is really naff !!!!!

Braunston histori rally is this weekend - I'm tryign to find a list of exhibitors but no luck at the moment, The family will be attending to visit Ownerships who we know are there so we can kill off (my preference) or make a dive for the shared ownership experience once and for all... Hopefully some builders will be there so we can have a look at some more. Crick just turned into a blur this year.

I think there is something at Ellesmere port as well, and Saul as well - which does look interesting.

SImon.

Edited by twoputtyrats

Braunston histori rally is this weekend - I'm tryign to find a list of exhibitors but no luck at the moment, The family will be attending to visit Ownerships who we know are there so we can kill off (my preference) or make a dive for the shared ownership experience once and for all... Hopefully some builders will be there so we can have a look at some more. Crick just turned into a blur this year.

I think there is something at Ellesmere port as well, and Saul as well - which does look interesting.

SImon.

Well I hope you have more luck than me trying to contact the organizers. The phone is constantly on anwerphone and they never ring back. I am planning to go on Sunday and from memory the normal Parking area is a good way from the show entrance, but I cannot find out anything about parking facilities for disabled drivers.

Braunston historic rally is this weekend.

Really? fair enough.

- We're going to in Braunston on the boat, painting, this weekend. Might have to wonder down. (the paintings really not going to get done at this rate!!)

Daniel

Really? fair enough.

- We're going to in Braunston on the boat, painting, this weekend. Might have to wonder down. (the paintings really not going to get done at this rate!!)

Daniel

Where's are you going to be Dan? I'll wander along and say "hello"

Where's are you going to be Dan? I'll wander along and say "hello"
We are going too, we'll look out for you, I'd love to see you and your boat (and your grandad he sounds ace)

We where(and still are) just past the junction where they winded, just opersite midland chardelers.

- And on sunday (today) we spent the two parades aboard Adament, who was moored just outside the main marina entrance.

Good show, its a nice little loop they do, far too much distraction!

- My mum kept telling me to get on with "painting" (ie, grafting my arse off behind a powerdrill and rust stripper) Rather than watching the boats and nattering to passers but about the boat!!

Daniel

had a really good day there today.... great show and them morris dancers must of been sweating like mad... fell in love with dover but a bit out of our price range....kids were excited as alan was there with dover.... looked like the m25 in rush hour on the cut, glad i didnt have to try and manouver through all them....

had a really good day there today.... great show and them morris dancers must of been sweating like mad... fell in love with dover but a bit out of our price range....kids were excited as alan was there with dover.... looked like the m25 in rush hour on the cut, glad i didnt have to try and manouver through all them....

We made it there ourselves, I don't think I've ever seen so many boats being used in one place at a time before vrey friendly bunch of people, as we sat down with a pint watching "windy poo" do the 12:30 punch and judy - the only thing wrong in the world was that we havent got our boat yet....

Had a good nosey round the brokerage - and found the manufacturer for our sofa/chairs in the cabin Oh an incidentally the wilsons trailer was the best place (shaded and comfortable) to watch the morris dancers car said 29C when we got back to it. Shame we had to leave early but had to be home by 5...

Ownerships boat was really nice, we are still very unsure about shared ownership though.

It would be nice to come back next year...

SImon.

We where(and still are) just past the junction where they winded, just opersite midland chardelers.

- And on sunday (today) we spent the two parades aboard Adament, who was moored just outside the main marina entrance.

Hi Dan,

We ended up staying at home in the end, regrets! My partner had been on a whistle stop trip round europe last week and I'd had a busy week at work also, neither of us could face the 7 hours plus of driving (round trip) to do Braunston in one day, didn't want to stay over 'cos of the dog. We will try to do it next year when we have our boat.

I'm very sorry we didn't get to meet you and see you fab boat, hope you had a good time ;)

REgards,

Ally p.

Arrived in time for the second parade with friends on Dunstable and Olive following Adamant ! Saw Emily Anne at the junction , and Olive didnt touch her when they reversed back round the junction !! A lovely afternoon playing boats , can't be a better way to spend a sunday , Dave

We got a lot of comments about our work, got there about 4.00 friday, coaled-up, and then started "painting" worked though till about 8.00 when phillip came to say hi, and invited us aboard adament. We accepted, and it was about time to pack the genreator/powertools anyway. Got back about 10ish intime for tea and bed!

GOt up 8.00 the next morning, and worked almost non-stop though till about 9.00, then after 12hours behind a powerdrill and paint stripper collapsted in a heap, never to make it to the beer tent!

We got to know the faces of all the passing people, and got all sorts of comments!

- In the morning is was "this is all about serouse for this time" and the like.

- Then midday people just comment about the workrate, and the fact we handnt stoped

- Then evening, everyone started coming back with comments like "do yo get paid over time at your firm" and "you still working, my god, are you not tired yet" etc

But anyway, we got both sides rubbed down, and the rust of the walkways, and aluminum epoxy on oneside. And we vowed to take it a little easyer the next day!

Sunday started at 8/9.00 again, we raced to get the primer on the 2nd side, then ran down to the marina to help crew adament for the first parade, which was good fun. Then we spent 2hours doing some more preperation of the boat, and then jumped on adament to join Phillip and Sean as she came though the junction

-Then come about 4o'clock it was time to make a move homewards as my mum has work the next day.

-As we walked to the car, one of the boats called out "having a half day today then" lol, "yes" we said!

I dont think anyone who took part in the rally will forget "plain vanilla" eather, what a plonker!

imgp29182el.jpg

imgp29202hr.jpg

imgp29382po.jpg

imgp29253of.jpg

imgp29494pb.jpg

imgp29426tq.jpg

imgp29581ax.jpg

imgp29319ts.jpg

imgp29341xd.jpg

Daniel

I went along and had a quick look round, I saw Emily Anne and was on my way to say hello when Lucy (our little girl) got hungry, tired and messy all at the same time. I did see you working from a distance though Dan so I know those photo's aren't staged!

I love the parade of boats, always fun and chaotic!

We then went to the Greyhound at Hawkesbury for lunch but we got there too late so ended up at the Rose and Castle in Ansty, very nice!

what happened with plain vanilla? we didnt see the boat there... must be blind as it stands out well enough....

Basicaly right in the middle of the parade they attempted to storm though against all the boats, made a right hash of it, and got all grumpy to the workboats and surounding people.

I went along and had a quick look round, I saw Emily Anne and was on my way to say hello when Lucy (our little girl) got hungry, tired and messy all at the same time. I did see you working from a distance though Dan so I know those photo's aren't staged!

Ah well, fair enough. We had a good time of it anyway.

My grandads picking me up tomorow morning, apprently i havnt had enought yet!

- But atleast its going to me acctall painting this time, as 90% of the prep-work is done, should start looking right again!

- Then we're going to get some moving done, carry on down the GU to the thames hopefully, be nice to be moving again!

Daniel

Having descended down the Braunston flight on Sunday we loitered short of the marina entrance awaiting the parade to finish with the commentator making fun of our use of bow and stern thrusters so as not to get in the way.

Would have been very helpful if the working boats were to have indicated if they were entering the marina or proceeding towards the Braunston bottom lock.

BW could have had a field day with out of date licences around Braunston.