Wolverhampton Wandering

dave moore

Featured Posts

Hi all

Next week I'm putting the paintbrushes to one side and taking Resolute for a spin. I'm planning to do Sneyd to Aldersley on Monday. If any forum members fancy a bit of boating and giving a hand with the 21 locks at Wolverhampton, please call me on 07831 243001 and we can discuss details. The boat is a 60' tug, Norton Canes built with a 1940 Kelvin diesel.

Cheers

Dave

Shame I'm a bit too far away Dave, I'd have loved to have given you a hand.

Roger

Take Tony, he needs the practice...

PS. Ive left the can out for Dad to take to work, hopefully he remembers it!

Never mind the can Sarah, when's the web site going to get its photos back? :P:cheers:

OK, OK, I'm just getting my coat now ;)

Roger

Oh...I sort of deleted the website by accident. Oops.

I've got the photos all backed up, it's just a matter of finding the time to put them back, seeing as I have a new boat to play with and two jobs I'm struggling for time! Shall I put Albion back just to make you happy? :-)

Oh...I sort of deleted the website by accident. Oops.

I've got the photos all backed up, it's just a matter of finding the time to put them back, seeing as I have a new boat to play with and two jobs I'm struggling for time! Shall I put Albion back just to make you happy? :-)

I don't know, too many boats, too much boating, too many jobs and not enough time on your Dad's web site. You just can't get the daughters these days! :P

Don't worry about Albion, it's all those others as well. It'll be a winter job then I guess? :cheers:

Roger

We'll always turn out to work the 21 (only wish there'd been someone there to help us last week. It's much more fun with four). Got Sickle up in the pouring rain with no other boats about in 1 hour 50 so it'd be interesting to see if we can better that....

(In general, all other things being equal (e.g. number of locks in your favour), is it faster up or down that flight?

Edited by Chertsey

Sarah, dear heart.....

I meant as in long term service users, or whatever the current jargon is!! As someone celebrating(?) 50 years around boats this year, I'm well your senior. Thanks again...see you on Monday morning. I'll have the kettle on!!

Cheers

Dave