Vetus equivelent filters

Biggles

Featured Posts

I'm not in anyway doubting your considerable experience. But I have the 114hp deutz engine, not the normal engines seen in NB's.or WB's

I consider based on my observations the marinisation has been done well. I suppose time will tell, but seeing as how it has a 5 year warranty I have some safety net.

ETA. The only reservation I have is the single belts on the 115amp alternators. I have made this know to Vetus and am assured it will be fine..

Anyway back to filters.

Ooh!

That's a fair ol' beastie for your boat isn't it <_< - - are you planning on using it for a water skiing craft?

Ooh!

That's a fair ol' beastie for your boat isn't it <_< - - are you planning on using it for a water skiing craft?

I wanted slow revving and very high torque in a modern engine. With reserve for a lively French river.

The Duetz hit the spot and so far i am well happy with it. I might consider upping the prop pitch in the future currently 21 x 16 and it will reach full revs. But the engine is a sweet as a nut.

If I do hit a blast of power the rear hunkers down and the boat certainly takes notice for sure.

I wanted slow revving and very high torque in a modern engine. With reserve for a lively French river.

The Duetz hit the spot and so far i am well happy with it. I might consider upping the prop pitch in the future currently 21 x 16 and it will reach full revs. But the engine is a sweet as a nut.

If I do hit a blast of power the rear hunkers down and the boat certainly takes notice for sure.

You'll be able to tow (French) Tugs with that baby! <_<

• 2 weeks later...

Its worth having a quick look at BSS requirement 2.12.2 (that fuel filters must be a marine type, and marked as such). If you're struggling to find the details, reply back and I'll google it and find the link to the online manual.

They're proposing this requirement is dropped (ie don't have to be a proprietory marine type), but still keeping the requirement for condition and fire resistance.

See http://www.nabse.co.uk/Documents/ecp%20review%20-%20ecp%20changes%20part%205.pdf

Any-one know the part numbers for a Vetus M3? All mine are unreadable.

The oil filter is STM 0051 and the fuel filter is STM 3690 Why are they unreadable? Vetus specify filter changes at such frequent intervals that mine hardly have a mark on them by the time they are changed! If you have the handbook, you'll find the numbers in the relevant section. I don't know what your inline pre-filter is, 'cos that's separate, but mine's a Crosland 522 eqivalent.

If you put any of these into the search box of Inline Filters you'll find the (much cheaper) Baldwin Equivalents.

Mac