Discrimination against humans!

Ray

Featured Posts

We've been out on the boat for a couple of half days this weekend.

We encountered the current resident (and probably owner) of an old lock keeper's cottage on our way back in increasing dampness this morning. He was cutting the grass between the lock and the cottage.

We joked that he could have done without the rain whilst mowing although we both appreciated that the water was required after the long dry spell that now looks to be well and truly over.

He commented that despite being chronically short of water (because of the dry weather), BW still insist that our newly made acquaintance purchases a licence to allow him to discharge the rain water from the gutters on the cottage into the canal.

I have since heard that another recently constructed canal side building has had to do the same. Money for old rope or what?

I believe that this is discrimation against humans because I bet BW haven't managed to get the good Lord to buy a licence for all the rain that he drops into the canal whether BW like it or not!

Edited by Ray

nothing new............any rain water that falls on our roof and does not soak away into the garden apparently is our property and we get charged by Severn Trent to take it away via the drains. Its a legal way to make money out us glare.gif

We have a good one with Severn Trent.

Our property comprises a house of which part of the front ground floor is a shop, with NO facilities, so we pay a water meter charge on the HOUSE plus a surface water drainage charge (currently about £8 a year) on the SHOP. It must cost them more than that to bill us twice a year!