Puppets by barge

Timleech

Featured Posts

We saw them on the one show- and my niece who lives in Liverpool went to find them Saturday- They weren't hard to find given the size of them!!!! She said they were amazing and put photos on Facebook which were indeed amazing. The crew who control them were as fascinating to watch- they had to do a relay of jumping off the vehicle behind to control the legs etc.

There's a story linked to the titanic about the girl meeting with her uncle to receive a letter- I think from her father- Does anyone know if this is true or fiction. I kept a lookout on the news over the weekend hoping to see more, but didnt see anything that told me anymore

The letter part was true, the letter has been on display in the museum for awhile. he never got the letter which was sad.

The ability to manipulate puppets like that is incredible to watch, as also was the spider when it came here in 2008, that really was creepy!!!

Having said that, it seemed to be 'asleep' nearly every time I went down to look at it !!!

For those in the North West TV region,there is a half hour programme on BBC1 Wednesday 7-30pm.

Called "Liverpool's Titanic Girl"

For those in the North West TV region,there is a half hour programme on BBC1 Wednesday 7-30pm.

Called "Liverpool's Titanic Girl"

There's a story linked to the titanic about the girl meeting with her uncle to receive a letter- I think from her father- Does anyone know if this is true or fiction. I kept a lookout on the news over the weekend hoping to see more, but didnt see anything that told me anymore

It is about a letter sent by a young girl called May to her Father, who was a steward on The Titanic, he never received the letter. I saw the original letter at The maritime Museum the other week, it did bring a small tear to my eyes.

Dear Father, It seems ages since I last seen you. I wish we w(h)ere in Southampton with you it is very lonely without you. Dear Father I have not been so very well I have had a bad throat hoping I will soon get better for Nana worries so much little Ernie as not been...”

It was the first letter she had ever written and was returned to her by White Star as undelivered.

More pictures here LINK