The Canals Are Alive

cheshire~rose

Featured Posts

Does anyone know how well the hire boat businesses are doing in general, and is there overall an upward trend?

In particular is there any anecdotal evidence that the recent Great Canal Journeys TV series helped them? It looked like pretty positive publicity to me.

I've never been on a hire boat, having got interested in canals through crewing for my brother, but I suppose their fleets are the main way new people get involved, my brother started out by hiring.

Does anyone know how well the hire boat businesses are doing in general, and is there overall an upward trend?

In particular is there any anecdotal evidence that the recent Great Canal Journeys TV series helped them? It looked like pretty positive publicity to me.

I've never been on a hire boat, having got interested in canals through crewing for my brother, but I suppose their fleets are the main way new people get involved, my brother started out by hiring.

Well I tried to find a holiday for a colleague and her family over the May half term. Found it quite difficult to find something suitable. Only Black Prince had any choice of availability which suited their needs.

Shakespeare/Avante only seem to have two boats out this week and were very quiet over Easter. Aqua, otoh, look busy.