Bicycle Trailers

Joshua

Featured Posts

As CC'ers my partner and I will be relying on bikes rather than a car for transport and for leisure purposes. We are also considering a bike trailer for the dog and occasional transportation of goods.

Are they legal for use on public roads andif so are there any features that they must incorporate to satisfy such laws?

Does anyone have personal experience using them and/or can recommend where we can obtain a good model? It goes without saying that it must fold up small when not in use.

Ta.

Joshua

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks for the advice, we think we have found the ideal option.

For anyone else interested, we have bought a couple of Montague Navigators, a really interesting feature of these very well made bikes is the folding mechanism which cleverly avoids splitting the frame, this is said to make the bike feel like a proper bike when ridden, rather than the slight compromise feel of a more normal folding bike.

For the dog/cargo trailer, we have gone for a Burley dog trailer, these seem very expensive for what they are, compared with for example, the bikes, but there doesn't seem to be a better alternative.

The bikes and trailer fold flat in seconds with just quick release aids, no tools.

We will let you know how they work out in practice!

gallery_12464_697_21499.jpg

gallery_12464_697_10771.jpg

gallery_12464_697_358.jpg

Joshua

To pull a bicycle trailer like that, you need a big bicycle, probably even bigger then this one.

me in 1981

Peter.

Very brave Peter, most people had forgotten how to wear flares like that long before 1981!

Joshua