can not log in to mooring auctions !

micky44

Featured Posts

I'm getting a warning from my browser that I'm being re-directed from their moorings site to the Waterscape site which if I then override and then '404 not found'.

They must be fiddling with it.

cheers, i wonder what will happen if an auction is finnishing today then the under bidder would not be able to up there bid at the last moment ?

The bid would be declared null & void!

Not really, I'm just winding you up, I don't know.

Could be that if the site was down and the bidding ended while you were the highest bidder then it's yours as long as nobody else objects.

The bidding only ends 5 minuets after the last bid! so you could bid all day!!! not like ebay which is a set time.

What Should I Do?

If you usually connect to

this site without problems, this error could mean that someone is

trying to impersonate the site, and you shouldn't continue.

Technical Details

www.bwmooringvacancies.com uses an invalid security certificate.

The certificate is only valid for the following names:

www.waterscape.com , waterscape.com

What is going on?????

The bidding only ends 5 minuets after the last bid! so you could bid all day!!! not like ebay which is a set time.

What Should I Do?

If you usually connect to

this site without problems, this error could mean that someone is

trying to impersonate the site, and you shouldn't continue.

Technical Details

www.bwmooringvacancies.com uses an invalid security certificate.

The certificate is only valid for the following names:

www.waterscape.com , waterscape.com

What is going on?????

You must use Chrome too - this is the error message I got, if you overrside it it takes you to Waterscape and a 404 nor found message - I'm wondering if there is some tinkering going on ref. the new charity.

Edited by MJG

cheers, i wonder what will happen if an auction is finnishing today then the under bidder would not be able to up there bid at the last moment ?

This nearly happened to us last year - the whole waterscape site went down 3 hours before the end of the auction we were bidding on. When I spoke to the moorings coordinator at BW Leeds she said they had no formal plan for what would happen if the site was down at the advertised finish time as they hadn't considered that a possibility when the system was set up.

By the end of our conversation, she'd decided that the only way they could deal with such an outcome would be to cancel that set of bids & relist the mooring as they had no way of simply extending the deadline.

In our case the point became moot, as the site came back on line about 15 minutes before the closing time of the auction. I also got the promised call back to let me know it was all up & running.

Given the lack of disaster management planning revealed by my experience I'm not hugely surprised that the waterscape tech team haven't managed to put up a 'site closed for maintenance' page while the auctions system is being tinkered with.

If the site's still down in the morning just rings Leeds & tell them it's happened again.

BTW, last year they were unaware that waterscape was down as their internal system was still working, so I did initially have a challenge persuading the office there was a problem;-)

Richard

Thank you for all your replys, is there chance any one out there has the tel number of the person from british water ways who is in charge of these auctions please ? I suspect there is some thing going on here and i am not happy, may be iam parranoid, but some how i do not think so. any help would be greatly received.

Thank you for all your replys, is there chance any one out there has the tel number of the person from british water ways who is in charge of these auctions please ? I suspect there is some thing going on here and i am not happy, may be iam parranoid, but some how i do not think so. any help would be greatly received.

I got through on the standard BW Leeds customer services number: 01923201120. Can't remember now exactly which options I went for on the automated menu system. Possibly I just waited till someone picked up the phone. Obviously you'll need to wait till the morning as customer services are only open Mon-Fi 0800-1800.

Personally I wouldn't worry till tomorrow morning anyway, as others have said, it's probably tech support fiddling around with the auctions website or it's crashed & there's no-one in BW Towers over the weekend to notice.

Richard

I've never seen one scheduled to end on anything other than a Monday to Friday weekday, I think.

Seems logical, as they run for a set number of weeks after posting, so if the staff don't post them at a weekend, they'll not end at a weekend either.

Presumably that's why if they were going to do any maintenance on the site they might pick weekends ?

I never bother to log in. Since the email notification doesn't work, I don't see the point! :wacko:

You can still save searches though. Meaning you don't have to manually enter the waterway(s) you are interested in and boat length, but yes you no longer get an email when one comes up fitting the criteria, that seems to have been broken for ages now.

This may be a little off topic but I was curious to know how you can pay BW monthly if you dont have a bank account?

thanks.

I don't believe you can.

You need a BW customer number and a Direct Debit facility..

I have won it :rolleyes: , but only just.Saturday i was the highest bidder, one other bidder againt me, i wanted to up my bid sunday as you know, but could not log in.Got home from work 1.30 today auction over im the under bidder, gutted. just about to pnone BWW to complain, when they call me ! the highest bidder has defaulted (what ever that means)and would i still like the mooring ? err yes please, how much ? well as there were only 2 bidders on the mooring you can have it at the reserve price !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! which was £600 less than my bid !! there is a god out there and he was certainly smilling on me today, and i have it for 3 years. thanks for all your help folks :cheers:

Thanks Martin.

I take it I would be ok using a relatives details with my customer number?

That bit I don't know for certain, can't see why not though, as long as BW get their money I can't think they will be that bothered.

I would suggest giving them a ring to check, I find when actually speaking to them they are really helpful...