She's out!!

Featured Posts

figured this would be the best place for this post :)

After 10 months getting used to things - i'm treating her now to some TLC & maintenance :)

the lift

DSC_0039.jpg

strange as you see your home being driven away on a flat bed :S

DSC_0043.jpg

angle grinded & before rust remover is applied.

DSC_0059.jpg

first blacking base coat layed on after allowing the rust converter to set.

DSC_0066.jpg

James

It will be worth all the hassle and palaver when you finish all the jobs, and you will be so pleased with the end result.

I remember last year after buying my boat, I had her taken off to be re-sprayed and returned when she was getting craned back into the canal. My heart was in my mouth as she was hanging on the crane, I kept thinking Please dont drop her :wacko: as she was right up in the sky lol,but it was so worth it as now she looks Beautiful :)

edited due to spelling mistake ohhhh!!!err.... concentrate tree ;)

Edited by tree

It will be worth all the hassle and palaver when you finish all the jobs, and you will be so pleased with the end result.

I remember last year after buying my boat, I had her taken off to be re-sprayed and returned when she was getting craned back into the canal. My heart was in my mouth as she was hanging on the crane, I kept thinking Please dont drop her :wacko: as she was right up in the sky lol,but it was so worth it as now she looks Beautiful :)

edited due to spelling mistake ohhhh!!!err.... concentrate tree ;)

Yep it was a bit nerve racking but i was just so facinated seeing her 20ft in the air that that kind of took over! though the first attempt the crane guys got the stern support a bit wrong & they had to lower her back in rather quickly which wasnt fun!

I didn't see her being driven on the flat bed - next i saw her was on the blocks ready to go!

James

I see you sleep underneath her whilst working on the hull :rolleyes:

lol no that matress was there from the previous boat - but it's handy to lay on for angle grinding!

James

Ahhh, so that's what the underneath of my springer looks like.

Can I ask the age of her please?

mines a 1980's Springer with a v hull.

James

Edited as tree's spelling bug is catching!

Edited by Jamesb4uk

we have a 1989 springer v hull,when we bought it last year it was in real need of TLC,it looked so sad out of the water,but now it has been revamped inside and out,and looks like it has a new lease of life,it is worth all the hassle in the end, :)

James

She looks in pretty good nick James. Congratulations

I'm trying to get to grips with Forest of Dean and Hassell Green ........... tell us more please :cheers:

James

:blink: OH!! eck, ee by gum ecky thump, yer dont mean yer catching 'treeitus' dont worry James its not too bad, can be cured by eating a couple of soggy yorkshire puddings ( dont grimace like that lol ... food of the Gods ;)

we have a 1989 springer v hull,when we bought it last year it was in real need of TLC,it looked so sad out of the water,but now it has been revamped inside and out,and looks like it has a new lease of life,it is worth all the hassle in the end, :)

yeah mines looking a bit tired so taking the oppertunity of revamping hte interior, electrics, water & gas systems & maybe a lick of paint.

most of the interior is original & doesnt look too bad though there are a few rot patches to deal with after nomeone before me tried to install a new shower. :banghead:

She looks in pretty good nick James. Congratulations

I'm trying to get to grips with Forest of Dean and Hassell Green ........... tell us more please :cheers:

Trust me i was too i dont have that much history on her unfortunatly - according to EA since 1992 at least its been called Forest of Dean, im trying to come up with a new name for her atm.

Looks like she may have been on the Trent and Mersey Canal at some stage in her life.

:blink: OH!! eck, ee by gum ecky thump, yer dont mean yer catching 'treeitus' dont worry James its not too bad, can be cured by eating a couple of soggy yorkshire puddings ( dont grimace like that lol ... food of the Gods ;)

ahh nope not grimacing - pass the gravy tree!! :cheers:

James

There's no end to maintenance. For me it just goes on and on. I'm currently blacking but next have to paint and seal the bilge, clean the diesel tanks, build a new cover of some sort and a lot more besides. Sometimes I wonder if I'll ever get round to cruising.

love the colours

thanks - its more colourfull than the rest of the boats at my moorings, always gets good comments :)

There's no end to maintenance. For me it just goes on and on. I'm currently blacking but next have to paint and seal the bilge, clean the diesel tanks, build a new cover of some sort and a lot more besides. Sometimes I wonder if I'll ever get round to cruising.

I'm starting to know the feeling! - I've got 1 coat of blacking on the base & 2 on ths sides so far. new anodes are also on.

Currently refitting the interior & new electrical wiring, water system & gas system...

James